|Town & District Capital|
|District||Mampong Municipal District|
|Ranked 41st in Ghana|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT (UTC)|
Mampong is a town in the Ashanti Region of Ghana, and serves as the administrative capital of Mampong Municipal District. Mampong is the forty-first most populous in Ghana, in terms of population, with a population of 42,037 people.
There are several villages in Ghana with this name.
- J. H. Kwabena Nketia, ethnomusicologist and composer (b. 1921)
- Akwasi Afrifa, Soldier & Politician
- Gerald Asamoah, Ghanaian-German Footballer, currently playing for SpVgg Greuther Fürth (b. 1978)
- Thomas Abdullah Nasir Boateng, educationist and chartered Chemist (b. 1937)(d. 2011)
- Ebenezer Augustus Kwasi Akuoko, Lawyer (b. 1928)
|This Ghana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|