Maria Robsahm, before June 2008 Maria Carlshamre, (born Maria Kelldén 3 February 1957 in Enköping), is a Swedish politician and was a Member of the European Parliament from 2004 to 2009. She was elected as a member of the Liberal People's Party, part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe. However, on March 1, 2006, she defected to the Feminist Initiative.
She sat on the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs and the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality. She was also a substitute for the Committee on Culture and Education and a member of the Delegation to the EU-Moldova Parliamentary Cooperation Committee.
In August 2005 Robsahm was convicted of accounting irregularities following the bankruptcy in a company owned jointly by Robsahm (then Carlhamre) and her former husband. She was given a suspended sentence. As a result of the conviction, the leadership of the Liberal People's Party called on her to resign from her seat in the European Parliament. Instead, she left the party and joined Feminist Initiative. This move received some Swedish media attention for the fact that one of the two co-leaders of the Feminist Initiative, Gudrun Schyman, had been convicted on another finance-related crime, tax evasion.
- 1979-1988: lecturer in philosophy at the Göteborg University
- 1992-1995: Editor TV4
- 1996: Grand prize for journalism
- 1996-1997: Journal Moderna tider
- 1998-2002: Documentary film producer TV4
- 2002-2003: Political editor Dagens Nyheter
See also 
- Convicted Liberal defects to feminists, The Local, March 1, 2006 (English)
- Carlshamre dömd för bokföringsbrott, Dagens Nyheter, October 14, 2005 (Swedish)
- European Parliament biography of Maria Robsahm (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Swedish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Sweden Liberal People's Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|