Mark Cousins (writer)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007)|
Mark Cousins (born 1947) is a British cultural critic and architectural theorist. He studied Art History at Merton College, Oxford and was a research student at the Warburg Institute. Since 1993 he is the Director of General Studies and Head of the Graduate Program in Histories and Theories at the Architectural Association. He is also Visiting Professor of Architecture at Columbia University and Southeast University, Nanjing.
He is the author of Michel Foucault, co-written with Athar Hussain (London: Macmillan, 1984); The Ugly, a series of articles published at AA Files (1995, 1996); the Introduction to the Penguin Edition of "The Unconscious" by Freud (London: Penguin:2005). Cousins has given the Friday Lectures at the Architectural Association for over thirty years.
- 'Technology and Prosthesis', Hurly-Burly Issue 5, March 2011, pp. 191-199. ISSN 2101-0307
- Introduction, The Unconscious, Sigmund Freud. London: Penguin Modern Classics, 2005. ISBN 978-0141183886.
- 'The Insistence of the Image: Hitchcock's Vertigo', in Adams, Parveen (ed.) Art: Sublimation or Symptom. London: Karnac Books. 2003, pp.3-26. ISBN 978-1855759145
- 'The Ugly', AA Files, 28, Autumn 1994, pp 61-64. ISBN 978-1-907896-23-1
- 'The Ugly', AA Files, 29, Summer 1995, pp 3-6. ISBN 978-1-907896-23-1
- 'The Ugly', AA Files, 30, Autumn 1995, pp. 65-68. ISBN 978-1-907896-23-1
- 'Lo feo', Analysart, 17. Caracas: Instituto de Estudios Avanzados, 1999. (Spanish Translation of The Ugly).
- 'La Arquitectura y sus Pasados', RevistArquis 2, Universidad de Costa Rica, 2012. (Spanish Translation) ISSN 2215-275X
- 'In the Midst of Psychoanalysis', New Formations 7, Spring 1989, pp. 77-87.
- 'The Logic of Deconstruction.' Oxford Literary Review, vol. 3, no. 2, 1978, pp. 70–7. ISSN 0305-1498
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|