Marriage Equality USA
|Founder||Connie Ress, Jesus Lebron, L.J. Carusone, Michael Thurber, Jim DeLaHunt, Molly McKay, Davina Kotulski|
|Method||Education, advocacy, grassroots organizing, partnerships and action|
|Slogan||"To secure legally recognized civil marriage equality for all, without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity, at the state and federal level through grassroots organizing, education, action and partnerships.."|
Marriage Equality USA is an organization working for the legal recognition of same-sex marriage in the United States. The group works by doing public education and outreach, media campaigns and holding visibility events. Marriage Equality, Inc. was founded in 1998.
Get Engaged Tour
In the months after the passing of Proposition 8, Marriage Equality USA sponsored a statewide poll to determine opinions on same sex marriage. Polling data was presented in over forty cities in a town hall forum dubbed the "Get Engaged Tour". At the events participants were presented the results of the statewide polling data, as well as an opportunity to discuss next steps in moving forward with an effort to bring about marriage equality.
- LGBT rights in the United States
- List of LGBT rights organizations
- Same-sex marriage in the United States
- Newton, David E. (2010). Same-sex marriage : a reference handbook. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-CLIO. p. 208. ISBN 9781598847079.
- Deakin, Michelle Bates (2006). Gay marriage, real life : ten stories of love and family. Boston, MA: Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations. p. 124. ISBN 9781558964914.
- Garofoli, Joe (27 June 2011). "Same-sex marriage backers weigh ballot date". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Munger, Kel (9 March 2009). "Find your power". News Review. Retrieved 26 May 2012.