Martin Rev, live in Madrid, 10 September 2005
|Birth name||Martin Reverby|
|Born||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Genres||Protopunk, punk, electronic, experimental, minimalism, no wave, industrial, synthpop, rockabilly, post-punk|
|Years active||1971–present day|
|Associated acts||Suicide, The Sisterhood|
Martin Rev (full name Martin Reverby, born 1940s) is an American musician and the instrumentalist in the electronic proto-punk band Suicide. He also has a solo career and has released several solo albums for a number of labels, including ROIR and Puu. His style varies widely from release to release, from electronic no wave (Martin Rev) to bubblegum pop (See Me Ridin, Strangeworld) to heavy synthesizer rock (To Live).
In 2008, while working on Stigmata, Rev's wife Mari died. The album, dedicated to her, is strong in religious imagery with most songs being titled in Latin. Kris Needs called the album a "brilliantly executed excursion into modern electronic classical music".
- For recordings made with Suicide, please see Suicide discography.
- Martin Rev (Lust/Unlust JMB-228, 1980)
- Mari (4:25)/ Baby O Baby (4:47)/ Nineteen 86 (4:35)/ Temptation (7:18)/ Jomo (4:40)/ Asia (4:00)
- reissued 1997 as Marvel with bonus tracks "Coal Train" (5:28) and "Marvel" (12:00)
- reissued 2002 as Martin Rev with bonus tracks "Coal Train", "Marvel", "5 To 5" (2:00), "Wes" (4:16) "Daydreams" (5:22)
- Clouds Of Glory (New Rose ROSE-052, 1985)
- Rocking Horse (5:35)/ Parade (6:34)/ Whisper (4:00)/ Rodeo (6:30)/ Metatron (6:15)/ Clouds Of Glory (6:20)
- initial copies in red vinyl
- extra CD track "Island" (6:27)
- Cheyenne (Marilyn FM-1006-CD, 1991)
- Wings Of The Wind/ Red Sierra/ Dakota/ Cheyenne/ River Of Tears/ Buckeye/ Little Rock/ Prairie Star/ Mustang
- The Mind Expansion label re-released Cheyenne on CD with bonus tracks "Pony" "Durango", "Coyote".
- See Me Ridin' (ROIR RUSCD-8220, 1996)
- See Me Ridin' (1:51)/ Pillars (2:33)/ I Heard Your Name (2:02)/ No One Knows (2:30)/ Mine (1:41)/ Ten Two (1:34)/ Small Talk (2:08)/ Secret Teardrops (2:45)/ I Made You Cry (2:18)/ Here We Go (1:40)/ Mari Go Round (4:45)/ Hop And Scotch (1:53)/ Told The Moon (1:51)/ Yours Tonight (3:53)/ Tell Me Why (3:18)/ Post Card (1:29)
- Strangeworld (PUU PUU-17, 2000)
- My Strange World (3:05)/ Sparks (3:30)/ Solitude (3:07)/ Funny (2:50)/ Ramblin' (3:15)/ Trouble (3:16)/ Splinters (5:26)/ Cartoons (3:05)/ One Track Mind (3:06)/ Chalky (4:55)/ Jacks And Aces (3:35)/ Reading My Mind (3:35)/ Day And Night (1:58)
- To Live (File-13 Records FT-46, 2003)
- To Live (5:10)/ In Your Arms (5:56)/ Black Ice (3:23)/ Gutter Rock (4:02)/ Shimmer (5:04)/ Painted (4:16)/ Places I Go (4:21)/ Lost In The Orbits (2:50)/ Jaded (4:51)/ Our Roads (3:31)/ Search For Stone (3:33)/ Water (3:24)/ Stormy (5:00)
- Les Nymphes (File-13 Records FT-68, 2008)
- Sophie Eagle / Narcisse / Triton / Venise / Valley Of The Butterfly / Les Nymphes Et La Mer / Dragonfly / Phaetone / Nyx / Daphne / Cupid
- with bonus track "Bodies" on iTunes.
- Stigmata (Blastfirstpetite PTYT 040, 30 November 2009)
- Laudamus / Te deum / Jubilate / Dona Nobis Pacem / Gloria / Sanctus / Salve / Spiritus / Domine / Exultate / Magnum Mysterium / Anima Mea / Sinbad's voyage / Paradisio
- Martin Rev home page
- Official Martin Rev Myspace page
- Castle Gnome Martin Rev's music on the Castle Gnome 3-D video
- Martin Rev (Discogs.com)
- Martin Rev - discography solo (Ghost Riders)