|Born||August 1969 (age 45–46)|
|Period||? - present|
|Genre||Fantasy, Horror, Erotica, Romance|
MaryJanice Davidson (born August 1969) is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult literature and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005. Davidson lives in Minnesota with her husband and two children. She grew up on military bases and moved often, as she was the child of a United States Air Force soldier. Pamela Clare of USA Today wrote, "It's Davidson's humor, combined with her innate storytelling ability and skill with dialogue, that has lifted her from small presses to the big best-seller lists."
Elizabeth "Betsy" Taylor turns thirty in the most unfortunate manner possible: she is laid off from work and then run down by an SUV. Waking up in the morgue fails to improve her mood, and when she discovers she can't kill herself, she gets downright belligerent. Being proclaimed "Queen of the Vampires" by the obnoxious Eric Sinclair, who places himself first in line to be her consort, proves to be the last straw.
- Undead and Unwed (Berkley, 2004, ISBN 0-425-19485-X)
- Undead and Unemployed (Berkley, 2004, ISBN 0-425-19748-4)
- Undead and Unappreciated (Berkley, 2005, ISBN 0-425-20433-2)
- Undead and Unreturnable (Berkley, 2005, hardback ISBN 0-425-20816-8, paperback ISBN 0-425-21081-2)
- Undead and Unpopular (Berkley, 2006, hardback ISBN 0-425-21029-4, paperback ISBN 0-7499-3730-0)
- Undead and Uneasy (Berkley, 2007, ISBN 0-425-21376-5)
- Undead and Unworthy (Berkley, 2008, ISBN 0-425-22162-8)
- Undead and Unwelcome (Berkley, 2009, ISBN 0-425-22773-1)
- Undead and Unfinished (Berkley, 2010, ISBN 0-425-23435-5)
- Undead and Undermined (Berkley, 2011)
- Undead and Unstable (Berkley June 2012)
- Undead and Unsure (Berkley August 2013)
- Undead and Unwary (Berkley October 2014)
The first four volumes have been reprinted as
Books 5-7 and Dead and Loving It have been reprinted as
- "Betsy: Bride of the Vampire"
Short stories have also appeared in:
- Love's Prisoner (novella in Secrets 6, Red Sage Publishing, Inc., 2000, ISBN 0-9648942-6-2)
- Jared's Wolf (novella in Secrets 8, Red Sage Publishing, Inc., 2002, ISBN 0-9648942-8-9)
- Derik's Bane (Berkley, 2005, ISBN 0-425-19997-5)
- Santa Claws (in Nicely Naughty, Loose-Id, 2004, ISBN 1-59632-065-6, a revised version of Naughty but Nice) This short story was included in Dead and Loving It.
- Speed Dating Werewolf Style Or, Ow, I Think You Broke The Bone (novella in Dead Over Heels, Berkley, 2008, ISBN 978-0425219416)
In an alternate reality, the series follows the royal Baranov family as they begin to look for love and marriage while ruling over Alaska (which was not purchased by the United States and became its own country). The series was limited to three books due to the end of the author's contract with Brava books.
- The Royal Treatment (Brava, 2002, ISBN 0-7582-0803-0)
- The Royal Pain (Brava, 2005, ISBN 0-7582-0806-5)
- The Royal Mess (Brava, 2007)
Fred the Mermaid trilogy
Fred has known since she was a small child that she is part Mermaid. It is only when the High Prince of the merfolk and a marine biologist fight for her heart does Fred's life get even more complicated.
- Sleeping with the Fishes, (November 2006)
- Swimming Without a Net, (November 2007)
- Fish Out of Water, (November 2008)
All Three Books in One:
- Underwater Love 2012
The Gorgeous series
- Hello Gorgeous! (Kensington 2005, ISBN 0-7582-0805-7)
- Drop Dead, Gorgeous! (Kensington 2006, ISBN 0-7582-1204-6)
The Jennifer Scales series, about a young weredragon, is written by MaryJanice Davidson and Anthony Alongi, her husband. These novels are currently being re-published as fantasy novels rather than young adult.
- Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnace
- Jennifer Scales and the Messenger of Light
- The Silver Moon Elm
- Jennifer Scales and The Seraph of Sorrow
- Rise of the Poison Moon
- Me, Myself and Why?, 2010
- Yours, Mine, and Ours, 2011
- You and I, Me and You, 2013
- By Any Other Name, 1998
- Adventures of the Teen Furies, 1998
- Dying for Ice Cream, 1999
- Escape The Slush Pile, 2001
- Thief of Hearts", 2001
- Naught or Nice, 2001
- Canis Royal: Bridefight, 2002
- Love Lies, 2002
- Under Cover, 2003
- Beggarman, Thief, 2004
- Really Unusual Bad Boys, 2005
- Dead and Loving It, April, 2006
- Doing It Right (novel), 2007
- Dead Over Heels, 2008
- Undead and Underwater an anthology (Berkley, 2013, ISBN 0-425-25332-5)
- Secrets 6, 2000
- Reunions, 2000 written under Pen Name Janice Pohl
- Chicken Soup For The Soul, 2002)
- Secrets 8, 2002
- Lighthearted Lust, 2003
- Forgotten Wishes, 2004
- Men at Work, 2004
- Bad Boys with Expensive Toys, 2004
- How to Be a Wicked Woman, 2004
- Merry Christmas, Baby!, 2004
- Cravings, 2004
- Bite, 2004
- Bewitched, Bothered and Be-Vampyred, 2005
- Perfect for the Beach, 2005
- Charming the Snake, 2005
- Kick Ass, 2005
- Wicked Woman Whodunit, 2005
- Romance at the Edge: In Other Worlds, 2005
- Really Unusual Bad Boys, 2005
- Valentine's Day is Killing Me, 2006
- Surf's Up, 2006
- Mysteria, 2006
- Over the Moon, 2007
- Demon's Delight, 2007
- No Rest for the Witches, 2007
- Mysteria Lane, 2008
- Faeries Gone Wild, 2009
- "Romantic Times 2004 Reviewers' Choice Award Winners". Romantic Times.
- "Romantic Times 2005 Reviewers' Choice Award Nominees". Romantic Times.
- "MaryJanice Davidson Blog Profile". MaryJanice Davidson.
- Centorcelli, Kristin (March 21, 2013). "INTERVIEW: MaryJanice Davidson, Author of "Undead and Underwater"". SF Signal. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Clare, Pamela (March 7, 2013). "Interview: MaryJanice Davidson, 'Undead and Underwater'". USA Today. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- "Backlist, by series where applicable". www.maryjanicedavidson.net.
- MaryJanice Davidson's Official Website
- MaryJanice Davidson at Paranormal Romance Writers
- MaryJanice Davidson at Fantastic Fiction
- MaryJanice Davidson's Official Group at Yahoo Groups
- MaryJanice Davidson at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database