In 1995 he took on fine art photography, often standing on a podium four or five meters high, and using large-format film cameras to capture high-resolution details over a broad expanse in locations such as beaches, clubs and public spaces.
His works is presented in the world's major museums, including the Centro de Arte Reina Sofia in Madrid, the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Denver, the Fond National Art Contemporaine in Paris, the Centre Pompidou in Paris, the Musée National d’Art Moderne in Paris, the Fondation Cartier in Paris and the Museo Luigi Pecci in Prato.
- Landscapes with Figures (Steidl editions, 2004), ISBN 3-88243-912-2
- Beach and Disco (Steidl editions, 2000)
- dormir/sleep (coromandel press, 2000)
- Les plages du Var (Hotel des Arts editions, 2000)
- So Now Then (Ffotogallery editions, 2006)