|Full name||Matías Alejandro Laba|
|Date of birth||11 December 1991|
|Place of birth||Villa Raffo, Argentina|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC|
|2014–||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 July 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Laba started his professional career playing for Argentinos Juniors in the 2011 Clausura, coming on as a second half substitute in a 1–1 draw with Vélez Sársfield. During his first season with the first team, he played a total 14 league games, plus another 4 in the 2011 Copa Libertadores.
After weeks of speculation, it was officially announced on 26 April 2013 that Laba had signed with Toronto FC as a young designated player, the transfer fee was undisclosed but believed to be in the range of $1.5 million. Laba made his debut for Toronto in a 1-0 away loss to Colorado Rapids on 4 May 2013. Laba scored his first goal with Toronto on 4 August 2013, in the second minute of the match against New England Revolution, the match ended in a 1-0 away victory.
After the signings of Designated Players Jermain Defoe, Michael Bradley, and Gilberto, Toronto was above the league limit of three DPs, and were forced to move Laba. On 25 February 2014, Laba was traded by Toronto to the Vancouver Whitecaps FC for future considerations.
- Argentinos Juniors
- "Match report". Argentine Soccer. 27 February 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Closing '11 statistics". Argentine Soccer. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Reds Sign midfield Matías Laba". Toronto FC. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Toronto FC newcomer shines in MLS debut". Major League Soccer.
- "Toronto Downs New England". Toronto FC.
- "Whitecaps FC acquire midfielder Matías Laba | Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Whitecapsfc.com. 11 December 1991. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Squad list". FIFA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
|This biographical article related to an Argentine association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|