The term matriculation examination or matriculation exam refers to educational qualifications in many countries. Usually this has to do with student's transfer from secondary to tertiary education. For more detailed information, see "Matriculation".
Depending on country, matriculation examination can mean:
- A-levels – in England.
- Abitur – in Germany, Lithuania and Estonia.
- Baccalauréat – in France.
- Bagrut – in Israel.
- Eindexamen - in the Netherlands.
- Matric – in South Africa and formerly in Australia.
- Matura – in Austria, Poland, Serbia and Switzerland.
- Student degree – in Scandinavia.