Matt Lynn (born 1962) is a British thriller writer and a financial journalist.
As Matt Lynn, he is the author of the 'Death Force' series of novels. The series started with Death Force in 2009, and continues with Fire Force published in 2010 and also includes Shadow Force, Ice Force and Lethal Force. As Matthew Lynn he is the author of Insecurity, published in 1997, and The Watchmen, published in 1998.
As James Harland, he published The Month of the Leopard in 2001, dedicated to Isabella.
Before that, as Matthew Lynn, he wrote two business books, The Billion-Dollar Battle: Merck v. Glaxo and Birds of Prey: Boeing v.Airbus. He is also the author of Bust: Greece, the Euro and the Sovereign Debt Crisis, published in late 2010, and more recently, The Long Depression: The Slump of 2008 to 2031 (Endeavour Press).
As Matthew Lynn, the writer was also a columnist for Bloomberg News, and a regular contributor to The Spectator. For most of the 1990s, he worked for The Sunday Times, for the last three years as a profile columnist. His "London Eye" column began appearing weekly in MarketWatch in June, 2011.
In 2012, Lynn was also chief executive of Strategy Economics, a London-based consultancy.
He has three children, Isabella, Leonora, and Claudia.
- Matt Lynn's official website. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Chambers, Peter, "Mixing heroes and villains - Merck Versus Glaxo", (London. Heinemann, 1991), book review, Management Today, 1 January 1992. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Birds of Prey (NY: Basic Books, 1998) ISBN 978-1-56858-107-1. Amazon page. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Bust: Greece, the Euro and the Sovereign Debt Crisis, (Bloomberg Press and Kindle: 21 December 2010), ISBN 978-0-470-97611-1; Amazon page. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Lynn, Matthew, "Put your money in emerging, stable democracies", MarketWatch, 13 July 2011. See footer. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Lynn, Matthew, "6 reasons Spain will leave the euro first", MarketWatch, 30 May 2012. See footer. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Matthew Lynn archive, Bloomberg. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Matthew Lynn page, Amazon (supplied by author or rep). Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Matthew Lynn archive, MarketWatch. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Lynn, Matthew, "Apple iPhone Will Fail in a Late, Defensive Move", commentary, Bloomberg, 14 January 2007.