Scannell in 2014
|Born||October 14, 1970|
|Associated acts||Vertical Horizon
Matthew "Matt" Scannell is an American singer, guitarist, songwriter and musician. Scannell is the lead vocalist, lead guitarist, primary songwriter, and founding member of the alternative rock band, Vertical Horizon.
Scannell is a native of Worcester, Massachusetts He was given his first guitar when he was seven years old. Scannell attended high school at Deerfield Academy in Deerfield, Massachusetts. He enrolled at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. after graduation from high school.
In 1991, Scannell and another Georgetown student, Keith Kane, formed Vertical Horizon. The two began performing in Washington clubs in October 1991. Scannell received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Georgetown University in 1992.
Singer Richard Marx and Scannell collaborated to released the album, Duo, in 2008 and Duo Live in 2010.. On June 8, 2011, Scannell appeared at the Arcada Theatre in St. Charles, Illinois, with actor Hugh Jackman. Scannell and Jackman were invited to perform as guests of Marx.
- "Artist Profiles: Vertical Horizon". Billboard Magazine (page 98). May 21, 2001. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- Catlin, Roger (February 1, 2001). "Vertical Horizon Reaches For Stars: From Acoustic To Metal, Band Finally Hits It Big". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Meet Vertical Horizon". The Vindicator. November 16, 2002. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- Skeehan, Patrick (October 17, 2003). "5,000 Students and Alumni Attend Homecoming Tailgate". The Hoya. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Hugh Jackman to perform at Arcada in SC". The Beacon-News. May 23, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.