From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up meaning in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Meaning may refer to:
- Meaning (book), a 1975 book by Michael Polanyi and Harry Prosch
- Meaning (existential), the worth of life in contemporary existentialism
- Meaning (linguistics), meaning which is communicated through the use of language
- Meaning (non-linguistic), a general term of Aart to capture senses of the word "meaning", independent from its linguistic uses
- Meaning (philosophy of language), definition, elements, and types of meaning discussed in philosophy
- Meaning (psychology), epistemological position, in psychology as well as philosophy, linguistics, semiotics and sociology
- Meaning (semiotics), the distribution of signs in sign relations
- The meaning of life, a notion concerning the nature of human existence
- The purpose of something happening/ being said.
Arts and entertainment
- Meanings (album), an album by Gad Elbaz
- Meaning (House), a 2006 episode of the TV series House
- Meaning (music), the philosophical question of meaning in relation to music
- Semantics, the study of meaning
- Hermeneutics, the theory of text interpretation
- Linguistics, the scientific study of language
- Logotherapy, psychotherapy based on an existential analysis
- Ontology, the philosophical study of the nature of existence or reality
- Truth, accordance with fact or reality, or fidelity to an ideal
- Meant to Be (disambiguation)
- Proposition (disambiguation)
- Notion (disambiguation)
- Significance (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "Meaning"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Meaning.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.