From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a comprehensive list of all people with the name Melissa, see Special:Prefixindex/Melissa.
For other uses, see Melina (disambiguation).
|Region of origin||Greece|
|Related names||Malina, Malena, Melena|
|Look up Melina in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The female name Melina is of Greek origin and derives from the Greek word for "honey". "Mel" can be derived from names such as Melanie meaning "black, dark" or Melissa meaning "honey-bee". It can refer to the following:
- Melina Kanakaredes, Greek-American actress
- Melina León, Puerto Rican merengue singer and actress
- Melina Marchetta, Australian author
- Melina Matsoukas, Greek-American music video director
- Melina Mercouri, Greek actress and political activist
- Melina Perez, Mexican-American professional wrestler
- Melina Teno, Brazilian water polo player
- Melina Havelock, fictional character in James Bond
- Melina, a major hit for international singing star Camilo Sesto
- Malina, a fictional character in The Emperor's New School
- An alternative spelling of Gmelina, a species of tree
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Melina.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.