|Based in||New York, NY|
Men's Journal is a monthly men's lifestyle magazine focused on outdoor recreation and comprising editorials on the outdoors, environmental issues, health and fitness, style and fashion, and gear. It was founded in 1992 by Jann Wenner, who sought to create a publication for "active, accomplished men to fuel an adventurous and discerning lifestyle". It is published by Wenner Media, who also produces Rolling Stone and US Weekly.
- Men's Journal is the source of active, accomplished men to fuel an adventurous and discerning lifestyle. We believe that men have always been oriented towards action and accomplishment, that their lives are, or should be, adventures- stories worth telling. That is why the spirit of discover is at the core of everything we do. Our content is packed with fresh ideas and must-have tools that allow influential men to achieve greater personal fulfillment and build a life in which nothing is average.
Each issue of Men's Journal is divided into 4 subsections:
- Notebook- encompasses the latest trends, products, destinations, and epicurean finds from around the globe
- Mind & Body- dedicated to providing the latest science articles and expert advice on diet and exercise
- Editorial- features the cover stories
- Gear Lab- a monthly buyer's guide of tested and approved essentials: tech, tools and toys. Men's Journals hires experts and professionals to examine the products; the best performing gear throughout the year get highlighted in the December issue, "Gear of the Year".
Issues throughout the Year
|January||Healthy & Fitness||2014 marks the first January edition since 2009.|
|April||Food and Nutrition|
|May||Adventure Travel||In the biggest issue of the first half of the year, the June issue provides international itineraries for the well-traveled man to discover, explore and experience the world around him.|
|October||Style and Design|
|December||Gear of the Year||The biggest issue of the year, Men's Journal highlights its favorite gears that have been tested and reviewed throughout the year (not to be confused with Men's Journal bi-annual seasonal Buyer's Guide publications).|
Men's Journal also has 2 SIPs: Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter Buyer's Guide. Each issue goes in to explicit examination of seasonal gear. These two issues are not included in subscription, and only a limited number are printed.
The April 2004 issue of Men's Journal with Robert Redford on the cover was carried into space on the STS-114 Space Shuttle mission. The STS-114 mission was the first mission following the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- kcowing (July 31, 2005). "What They're Reading In Outer Space These Days". nasawatch.com. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
|This men's magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.