Meridian Knowledge Solutions
Learning without Limits
|Headquarters||Herndon, Va., United States U.S.|
Jason Marceau (Chief Operations Officer)Bryan Camp (Vice President of Sales) Geoff Perry (Vice President of Product Development) Gary Underhill (Vice President of Solutions Engineering) Kevin Harrison (Vice President of Services)
Number of employees
|Approximately 100 (2013)|
Meridian Knowledge Solutions is a software company founded in 1997 and based in Herndon, Virginia. It provides a web-based learning management system (LMS) for delivering and tracking training. The software product suite, Meridian Global®, integrates general learning management functions (e.g., course catalogs, enrollments) with collaboration and performance management features such as employee development plans and skill assessments. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP), a Calif.-based technology and outsourcing firm.
Meridian’s customer base consists of commercial and public sector entities, including US Federal agencies, state and local governments, large enterprises and member-based associations. As of December 2013, Meridian had over 8 million users.
Meridian was founded in 1997.
- Best of Elearning! Award Winner-Best Enterprise LMS
- Ad-Hoc Reporting software won a Silver Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Unique Learning Technology.
- Best of Elearning! Award of Excellence winner for Best Learning Management System (Enterprise)
- Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Best Advance in Learning Management Technology
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
In August, 2013, Visionary Integration Professionals and Meridian were awarded a $95-million single-award blanket purchase agreement (BPA) with the United States Department of Homeland Security to provide more than 250,000 agency employees with a secure, cloud-based enterprise talent management system (ETMS). This precedent-setting contract will deploy the largest shared services model with consumption-based pricing agency-wide. Further, it is the first major consolidation of learning and talent management systems in the federal government within a FedRAMP certified infrastructure.
- Knowledge management
- Knowledge management software
- Learning Management System
- List of learning management systems
- T+D magazine, "Managing Learning in More Than One Way," page 60, June 2011
- Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Corporate Learning Systems," J. Freyermuth, J. Holincheck, T. Otter, March 24, 2011
- “Best of Elearning! 8th Annual Award Winners,” http://www.2elearning.com/component/k2/item/55257
- Brandon Hall Winners http://brandonhall.com/excellence-technology.php?year=2012
- "Best of Elearning! 2013 Award Winners Named,” August 29, 2013 http://www.2elearning.com/top-stories/item/55338-best-of-elearning
- "Best Advance in Learning Management Technology" http://brandonhall.com/excellence-technology.php?year=2013#Best%20Advance%20in%20Learning%20Management%20Technology
- Information Week Government, “Homeland Security Picks Cloud for Training,” August 12, 2013 http://www.informationweek.com/government/cloud-saas/homeland-security-picks-cloud-for-traini/240159853