Meridian Knowledge Solutions
Learning without Limits
|Headquarters||Herndon, Va., United States U.S.|
Jason Marceau (Chief Operations Officer)Bryan Camp (Vice President of Sales) Geoff Perry (Vice President of Product Development) Gary Underhill (Vice President of Solutions Engineering) Kevin Harrison (Vice President of Services)
|Employees||Approximately 100 (2013)|
Meridian Knowledge Solutions is a software company founded in 1997 and based in Herndon, Virginia. It provides a web-based learning management system (LMS) for delivering and tracking training. The software product suite, Meridian Global®, integrates general learning management functions (e.g., course catalogs, enrollments) with collaboration and performance management features such as employee development plans and skill assessments. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP), a Calif.-based technology and outsourcing firm.
Meridian’s customer base consists of commercial and public sector entities, including US Federal agencies, state and local governments, large enterprises and member-based associations. As of December 2013, Meridian had over 8 million users.
Meridian was founded in 1997. 2012
- Best of Elearning! Award Winner-Best Enterprise LMS
- Ad-Hoc Reporting software won a Silver Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Unique Learning Technology.
- Best of Elearning! Award of Excellence winner for Best Learning Management System (Enterprise)
- Meridian and parent company, VIP win $95 Million blanket purchase agreement with the Department of Homeland Security
- Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Best Advance in Learning Management Technology
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
In August, 2013, Visionary Integration Professionals and Meridian were awarded a $95-million single-award blanket purchase agreement (BPA) with the United States Department of Homeland Security to provide more than 250,000 agency employees with a secure, cloud-based enterprise talent management system (ETMS). This precedent-setting contract will deploy the largest shared services model with consumption-based pricing agency-wide. Further, it is the first major consolidation of learning and talent management systems in the federal government within a FedRAMP certified infrastructure.
- Knowledge management
- Knowledge management software
- Learning Management System
- List of learning management systems
- T+D magazine, "Managing Learning in More Than One Way," page 60, June 2011
- Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Corporate Learning Systems," J. Freyermuth, J. Holincheck, T. Otter, March 24, 2011
- “Best of Elearning! 8th Annual Award Winners,” http://www.2elearning.com/component/k2/item/55257
- Brandon Hall Winners http://brandonhall.com/excellence-technology.php?year=2012
- "Best of Elearning! 2013 Award Winners Named,” August 29, 2013 http://www.2elearning.com/top-stories/item/55338-best-of-elearning
- "Best Advance in Learning Management Technology" http://brandonhall.com/excellence-technology.php?year=2013#Best%20Advance%20in%20Learning%20Management%20Technology
- Information Week Government, “Homeland Security Picks Cloud for Training,” August 12, 2013 http://www.informationweek.com/government/cloud-saas/homeland-security-picks-cloud-for-traini/240159853