Meridian Knowledge Solutions
Learning without Limits
|Headquarters||Herndon, Va., United States U.S.|
Jason Marceau (Chief Operations Officer)Bryan Camp (Vice President of Sales) Geoff Perry (Vice President of Product Development) Gary Underhill (Vice President of Solutions Engineering) Kevin Harrison (Vice President of Services)
|Employees||Approximately 100 (2013)|
Founded in 1997, Meridian Knowledge Solutions is a software company based in Herndon, Virginia., that provides a web-based learning management system (LMS) for delivering and tracking training. The software product suite, Meridian Global®, integrates general learning management functions (e.g., course catalogs, enrollments) with collaboration and performance management features such as employee development plans and skill assessments. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP), a Calif.-based technology and outsourcing firm.
According to their brand materials, unlike similar vendors, Meridian appears to focus on the learning organization.
Meridian focuses primarily on learning management in contrast to competitors like Saba Software, Cornerstone OnDemand, NetDimensions and SumTotal Systems that have talent management suites of which learning is one part. Meridian’s position is that learning is a key enabler to organizational performance, so it has chosen to take a “learning is first” approach to market strategy.
In today’s technology climate, with its focus on cloud computing, Meridian seems to be one of the few vendors in this space to offer both on-premise and cloud deployments without exhibiting bias either way.
Meridian’s customer base consists of commercial and public sector entities, including US Federal agencies, state and local governments, large enterprises and member-based associations. As of December 2013, Meridian had over 8 million users.
Meridian was founded in 1997, and has grown steadily. 2012
- Military Training Technology magazine’s Top Simulation & Training Company
- Best of Elearning! Award Winner-Best Enterprise LMS
- Ad-Hoc Reporting software won a Silver Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Unique Learning Technology.
- Jason Marceau promoted to chief operations officer
- Best of Elearning! Award of Excellence winner for Best Learning Management System (Enterprise)
- Meridian and parent company, VIP win $95 Million blanket purchase agreement with the Department of Homeland Security
- Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Best Advance in Learning Management Technology
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
In August, 2013, Visionary Integration Professionals and Meridian were awarded a $95-million single-award blanket purchase agreement (BPA) with the United States Department of Homeland Security to provide more than 250,000 agency employees with a secure, cloud-based enterprise talent management system (ETMS). This precedent-setting contract will deploy the largest shared services model with consumption-based pricing agency-wide. Further, it is the first major consolidation of learning and talent management systems in the federal government within a FedRAMP certified infrastructure.
Meridian Global® is a learning management system that gives users access to learning content from their desktops or mobile devices. The platform helps organizations address learning challenges across the extended enterprise, provides full integration capabilities and offers secure deployment options.
Components of Meridian Global include:
- Meridian Social - promotes learning collaboration and interaction among users worldwide via wikis, blogs, chat and social networks.
- Meridian eCommerce - provides complete transactional support for selling learning content.
- Meridian Performance Management - allows organizations to deploy custom competency models, perform assessments, rate users, identify qualified candidates, etc.
- Meridian Mobile - simplifies delivery of an organization’s content to mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets.
- Meridian Ad Hoc Reporting – allows report creation for insight into training analytics and key performance metrics.
- Meridian Connectors - an API framework that exposes more than 2,000 APIs and allows almost every single business call within the LMS to be utilized.
- Knowledge management
- Knowledge management software
- Learning Management System
- List of learning management systems
- T+D magazine, "Managing Learning in More Than One Way," page 60, June 2011
- Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Corporate Learning Systems," J. Freyermuth, J. Holincheck, T. Otter, March 24, 2011
- “Best of Elearning! 8th Annual Award Winners,” http://www.2elearning.com/component/k2/item/55257
- Brandon Hall Winners http://brandonhall.com/excellence-technology.php?year=2012
- "Best of Elearning! 2013 Award Winners Named,” August 29, 2013 http://www.2elearning.com/top-stories/item/55338-best-of-elearning
- "Best Advance in Learning Management Technology" http://brandonhall.com/excellence-technology.php?year=2013#Best%20Advance%20in%20Learning%20Management%20Technology
- Information Week Government, “Homeland Security Picks Cloud for Training,” August 12, 2013 http://www.informationweek.com/government/cloud-saas/homeland-security-picks-cloud-for-traini/240159853