Michael G. Moye
|Michael G. Moye|
|Born||Michael George Moye
August 11, 1954
New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.
|Occupation||Television writer, producer, photographer|
|Spouse(s)||Rose Jackson (m. 1996)|
Michael George Moye (born August 11, 1954) is an American photographer and a former television writer and producer. In his television career he has written for shows such as The Jeffersons, Diff'rent Strokes, Good Times, and 227 and produced It's Your Move and The Jeffersons. His best known work is likely the 1987 series Married... with Children, created alongside Ron Leavitt for the fledgling Fox network.
Moye began his career in 1977 with a staff writing position on Good Times. Between 1979 and 1984 he wrote for The Jeffersons, and in 1982 he co-developed Silver Spoons, which ran for five seasons. He also co-developed both It's Your Move and 227, the latter under an assumed name.
Married... with Children
Married... with Children, created by Moye and Leavitt in 1987 for the Fox network, was called an "anti-family" series, but immediately became a hit, running for eleven seasons and being credited with keeping the fledgling Fox network "in the black for five or six years." Moye was a producer and a writer on the show for most of its run, and had a hand in writing a series-leading 25 episodes as well as having a few cameo appearances on screen.
- Good Times (1978)
- Diff'rent Strokes (1979)
- The Jeffersons (1979)
- Sanford (1980)
- Checking In (1981)
- Silver Spoons (1982)
- It's Your Move (1984) (Co-Creator, with Ron Leavitt)
- 227 (1987)
- Jackee (1989)
- Married... with Children (1987-1997) (Co-Creator, with Ron Leavitt)
- "Me". Moye's Reef. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "Married... with Children". Museum of Broadcast Communications. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "'Married ... With Children' Co-Creator Dies". Zap2It.com. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "Crew Members". Bundyology. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "Guest Cast". Bundyology. Retrieved 2008-03-08. "Moye, Michael G. * Young Zeke (522), Voice of Nearby Dog (624)"
- "Featured Member Series: 5-04". Reefland. Retrieved 2008-03-08.