Michael J. Smith Field
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Michael J. Smith Field|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KMRH – FAA LID: MRH|
|Owner||Beaufort-Morehead City Airport Authority|
|Serves||Beaufort, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||11 ft / 3 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Michael J. Smith Field (ICAO: KMRH, FAA LID: MRH) is a public airport located one mile (2 km) north of the central business district of Beaufort and northeast of Morehead City, in Carteret County, North Carolina, United States. It is owned by the Beaufort-Morehead City Airport Authority.
Although most U.S. airports are assigned the same three-letter location identifier by the FAA and IATA, Michael J. Smith Field is assigned MRH by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MRH to May River Airport in Papua New Guinea).
Facilities and aircraft
Michael J. Smith Field covers an area of 400 acres (160 ha) which contains three asphalt paved runways: 3/21 measuring 4,191 x 150 ft. (1,277 x 46 m), 8/26 at 4,249 x 100 ft. (1,295 x 30 m), and 14/32 at 4,000 x 100 ft. (1,219 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 7, 2006, the airport had 43,800 aircraft operations, an average of 120 per day: 85% general aviation, 9% air taxi and 6% military. At that time there were 75 aircraft based at this airport: 93% single-engine and 7% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MRH ( PDF), effective 2007-12-20
- Segrave Aviation, Inc. - Airport's fixed base operator (FBO). Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- More about Morehead - Morehead City web site. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- Great Circle Mapper: KMRH - Beaufort, North Carolina (Michael J. Smith Field)
- Aviation Safety Network: MRH - May River Airport, Papua New Guinea
- List of airports in Papua New Guinea
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MRH, effective September 18, 2014
- Resources for this airport: