30 September 1982 |
Royton, Greater Manchester, England
|Spouse(s)||Will Haining (2007-present)|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
Before becoming a model, Marsh worked as a care assistant at a nursing home in her hometown of Royton.
In 2001, at the age of 18, Marsh was runner-up in The Sun tabloid newspaper's "National Cleavage Week" contest. The following year, she won the "Search for a Babe" contest run by the The Daily Star tabloid, and began appearing topless as a "Star Babe" in that newspaper. In 2003, she began appearing as a Page Three girl in The Sun. Her bubbly-blonde looks and natural 32FF breasts prompted The Sun to hail her as "the new Samantha Fox."
Marsh went on to make numerous glamour modelling appearances in men's magazines such as Loaded, Perfect 10, Nuts, Maxim, Zoo and Playboy. She was regularly partnered with model Lucy Pinder for magazine, television, and corporate appearances.
Marsh has been featured on a number of British television programmes, including The X Factor: Battle of the Stars, The Weakest Link, Celebrity Big Brother, and Celebrity Four Weddings. She presented a series of The Steam Room and has starred in two reality television series, Trust Me – I'm a Beauty Therapist and CelebAir. She has played minor roles in the television series Hotel Babylon and Life and the 2009 feature film Clubbed.
While pregnant with her second child in 2010, Marsh announced her retirement from glamour modelling via her official website. She planned to focus on raising her children and developing her singing career.
Marsh married footballer Will Haining on 2 June 2007 at Auchen Castle in Scotland. They announced at the wedding reception that Marsh was pregnant with their first child. Their daughter, Maddison was born months later. When the couple renewed their wedding vows, which was filmed for the TV programme Celebrity 4 Weddings, they announced that she was pregnant with their second child. Their son, Owen, was born in late 2010. The couple initially lived in Glasgow but then moved back to Royton.
- Burniston, Julie (13 July 2003). "Michelle Casts Off All Cares". The News of the World.
- Bowness, Mark (13 July 2003). "What a Winning Pair". The Sun.
- Hughes, Ruth (13 March 2003). "Our Discovery Michelle is One Blonde with Big, Er, Ambitions; Meet the New Sam Fox". The Sun.
- "Chart Log UK".
- "Celebrity Four Weddings official site". Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Information". Michelle Marsh: The Official Site. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Ex-Page 3 Michelle is a mum". The Sun. 17 December 2007. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
- "Mum's the word for Michelle". The Sun. 5 June 2007. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michelle Marsh.|