Micropower impulse radar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Micropower Impulse Radar)
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (February 2009)|
Commercial applications include:
- Vehicles: parking assistance, backup warnings, precollision detection and smart cruise control (measures the distance to the vehicles in front of you and if they get too close, throttle is released and brakes are applied).
- Appliances: studfinders and laser tape measures.
- Security: home intrusion motion sensors and perimeter surveillance.
- Search and rescue: micropower impulse radar can detect the beating of a human heart or respiration from long distances.
- "LLNL Engineering Micropower Impulse Radar Search and Rescue". LLNL Industrial Partnering and Technology Transfer Process. October 3, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-02-11.
- "Micropower Impulse Radar (MIR)". LLNL Industrial Partnerships Office.