November 28, 1985 |
Toronto, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|New York Rangers
Toronto Maple Leafs
Tampa Bay Lightning
After playing four seasons at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, he was signed to a professional contract by the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League on March 25, 2008. He was assigned to the organization's American Hockey League affiliate (at the time), the Rochester Americans. In his second professional season he moved with the Sabres to new affiliate, the Portland Pirates before returning after two years to sign with the Rochester Americans for the 2010–11 season on August 24, 2010.
After helping Norfolk capture the Calder Cup, on July 1, 2012, Kostka was signed as a free agent to a one-year contract by the Toronto Maple Leafs. Kostka got his first NHL point in his debut NHL game against the Montreal Canadiens on January 19, 2013.
On July 19, 2013, Kostka signed as a free agent to a one-year, two way contract with the defending Stanley Cup champions, the Chicago Blackhawks. He then scored his first NHL goal against the Leafs on October 19, 2013, against Jonathan Bernier. After only nine games with the Blackhawks and approaching the last quarter of the season, on February 23, 2014, Kostka was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
After a successful stint with the Lightning, Kostka left as a free agent to sign a one-year contract with the New York Rangers on July 1, 2014.
|2004–05||U. of Massachusetts-Amherst||HE||32||1||5||6||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||U. of Massachusetts-Amherst||HE||36||2||6||8||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||U. of Massachusetts-Amherst||HE||39||3||15||18||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||U. of Massachusetts-Amherst||HE||36||9||12||21||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||18||2||4||6||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||35||0||8||8||27||1||0||0||0||0|
|2013–14||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||19||2||6||8||0||3||0||2||2||0|
Awards and honors
|All-Hockey East Second Team||2007–08|
- "Panthers sign Foster, Kostka to American League deals". Florida Panthers. 2010-08-24. Retrieved 2011-03-13.
- "Panthers sign Mike Kostka to two-way deal". Sun-Sentinel. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "Lightning trade Wright, Vernace to Panther for Kostka, Oberg". The Sports Network. 2011-12-02. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Leafs sign McClement & Kostka". Toronto Maple Leafs. 2012-07-01. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- Blackhawks agree with LeBlanc, Peckham, Kostka, National Hockey League, 2013-07-18, retrieved 2013-07-19
- "Lightning claim defenseman Mike Kostka off waivers". Tampa Bay Lightning. 2014-02-23. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Rangers agree to terms with Mike Kostka". New York Rangers. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-01.