|Majority Floor Leader|
November 2, 2010
|State Senator from Oklahoma's 12th State Senate district|
2006 – Incumbent
|Preceded by||Bob Kerr|
March 5, 1964 |
A farmer from Southwestern Oklahoma, Schulz was first elected to office in 2006. He will be term limited in 2018.
Early life and career
Mike Schulz attended Oklahoma State University and received a bachelor's degree in Agriculture. He has worked with several agricultural organizations in Oklahoma, including the Young Farmer and Rancher Committee and the Oklahoma Farm Bureau.
Mike Schulz first entered Oklahoma politics in May of 2006, when he won a Senate seat in a special election. He is currently serving as the Majority Floor Leader in the Oklahoma Senate. In his position, he serves as an ex-officio member of all Senate committees. In the Senate, he has voted to repeal the state's income tax, restrict abortions, and prohibit federal health care mandates.
- Who's who in Oklahoma leadership The Oklahoman February 6, 2011 (accessed March 29, 2013)
- "Senator Mike Schulz - District 38". Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- McGuigan, Patrick. "Brian Bingman, Mike Schulz designated Senate leaders". CapitolBeat OK. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Biography Senator Mike Schulz". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Mike Schulz - Key Votes". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Schulz, Mike. Seeking to protect important industry The Oklahoman April 3, 2009 (accessed March 29, 2013).