Mike Tannenbaum (born February 14, 1969 in New York City, New York) is a professional American football executive, who recently served as the general manager for the New York Jets of the National Football League.
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Tannenbaum was hired by the New York Jets on February 19, 1997 as the Director of Player Contract Negotiations. Over the years, Tannenbaum served in numerous administrative positions with the team including Senior Vice President of Football Operations and Assistant General Manager.
Tannenbaum signed a contract extension with the team through 2014.
Tannenbaum graduated from Needham High School in Needham, Massachusetts in 1987. He received a degree in accounting and a minor in sports management from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He then graduated cum laude from Tulane University Law School where he earned his certificate in sports law.
- 1997 NFL Yearbook: New York Jets. CWC Sports, Inc. 1997. p. 14.
- Herman, H. (2011, Sep 11). Tannenbaum recalls pittsfield past. The Berkshire Eagle, pp. n/a.
- Associated Press (February 7, 2006), Jets to replace GM Bradway with Tannenbaum, ESPN.com (ESPN), archived from the original on November 5, 2010, retrieved November 5, 2010
- O'Connor, Ian (September 13, 2010), Mike Tannenbaum goes for broke, ESPNNewYork.com (ESPN), archived from the original on November 5, 2010, retrieved November 5, 2010
- Cimini, Rich (July 31, 2010), Jets' Ryan, Tannenbaum get extensions, ESPNNewYork.com (ESPN), archived from the original on November 5, 2010, retrieved November 5, 2010
- Rosenthal, Gregg. "Mike Tannenbaum out; Rex Ryan still Jets coach". NFL.com. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
|New York Jets General Manager
John Idzik, Jr.