Miller College of Business
|Miller College of Business|
Named for Wallace T. Miller Jr.
|Ball State University|
|Location||Whitinger Business Building|
The college offers degree programs in six departments:
- Business Administration
- Business and Marketing Education
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Professional Selling
- Risk Management and Insurance
Because the majority of their students are enrolled at the undergraduate level, the major portion of resources is devoted to the undergraduate programs. However, since the college sees increasing opportunities at the graduate level, a larger percentage of Miller College of Business resources will be committed to continued development and expansion of these programs. The graduate programs include the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts in Education (MAE), and Master of Science (MS) in Accounting degrees. In addition to their on-campus MBA Program, the College of Business provides graduate education for part-time students via distance education.
The Miller College of Business has one stand-alone research center and four centers integrated into various academic departments. The Center for Business and Economic Research, directed by Michael J. Hicks provides public policy and economic research in Indiana and the Midwest. The Entrepreneurship Center led by Michael Goldsby is a top ten entrepreneurship center nationally, and offers a minor in entrepreneurship. The H.H. Gregg Center for Professional Selling led by Scott Inks offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in selling, the Center for Actuarial Science and Risk Management directed by Steven Avila is a collaboration between the Department of Finance and Insurance and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. The college also features the A. Umit Taftali Center for Capital Markets and Investing.
- Angela Ahrendts, former CEO, Burberry, current Senior Vice President of Retail and Online Stores, Apple Inc.
- Bruce Allman, owner, Allman and Company
- Keith Bennett, retired Senior Vice President of Information Systems, American United Life Insurance Company
- Carl Chapman, president and CEO, Vectren
- Neil Ellerbrook, former CEO, Vectren
- John Gaylor, president, Gaylor Electric
- Richard Hutson, retired senior partner, Hewitt Associates
- Patrick Kiely, president and CEO, Indiana Manufacturers Association and Imaserv, Inc.
- Christopher LaMothe, president and CEO, Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Charles Lazzara, president and owner, Ritz Charles, Inc.
- J. Wayne Leonard, president and COO of Domestic Operations, Entergy
- James Lintzenich, former president and CEO, USAGroup
- Kent C. Nelson, former chairman and CEO, UPS
- John Schnatter, founder, spokesman, chairman and CEO of Papa John's International
- James Schrecongost, retired president and CEO, American National Bank
- Anthony Smith, partner, Director of SASA Capital Markets Center, Ernst & Young
- Dianna Smith, Director of Benefits Planning, Nationwide
- Deena Whitaker, senior vice president, Fifth Third Bank
- Ball State Departments Ball State University
- "Miller College of Business". Miller College of Business. Ball State University. 11-5-2014. Retrieved 11-5-2014. Check date values in:
- "Corporate bio of the day: Apple's Angela Ahrendts". CNN Money. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- "Kent "Oz" Nelson". Howard County Historical Society. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- "Papa John's Story". Papa John's Pizza. Retrieved 2014-05-03.