Cover of issue 01
|Editor||Ann Marie Gardner|
|Company||Modern Farmer Media|
|Based in||Hudson, New York|
Founded in April 2013, Modern Farmer is a quarterly American magazine devoted to agriculture and food. Modern Farmer is unique in that it attempts to have equally rural and urban readers, and to "appeal to the person who wants to romanticize farming and the person who is knee deep in turkey droppings", according to The New York Times.
Modern Farmer covers have featured livestock and its articles include those like a series of interviews with agriculture ministers from around the globe. Its stories tend to take a "farm to table" perspective, comprehensively covering food and agriculture topics like Greek yogurt or feral pigs. In addition to the print magazine, it has a popular website; its "goatcam", a public web cam of goats, produced 60,000 pageviews alone. Based in Hudson, New York, It is backed financially by Fiore Capital and its CEO/editor-in-chief is Ann Marie Gardner.
- Christine Haughney (September 17, 2013), A Magazine for Farm-to-Table, The New York Times
- Penelope Green (January 15, 2014), Cultivating Hudson: Enter the Tastemakers, The New York Times
- Andrew Beaujon (November 1, 2013), For Modern Farmer, farm stands hold more promise than newsstands, Poynter
- Jessica Gelt (July 10, 2013), Modern Farmer: New magazine tells the stories behind your food, LA Times
- Allison McCann and Dorothy Gambrell (December 10, 2013), Modern Farmer Combines Serious Coverage With LambCam, Hits Jackpot, Bloomberg Businessweek
|This magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.