More Bells and Whistles (computer animation)
More Bells and Whistles was a computer-animated short film created by Wayne Lytle in 1990. Lytle later founded a company called Animusic, creating music-driven animation similar to the techniques demonstrated in the More Bells & Whistles video. Compared to the newer videos, however, this video is primitive.
Instruments in the order they're presented:
- Percussion, including:
- A set of whistles
- A circular vibraphone
- Three silver church bells
- Eleven green bulb-shaped "wow"-effect bass synthesizers
- Pink electric guitar-effect laser
- More Bells and Whistles was featured on the Canadian kids network YTV as part of its Short Circutz block, and in the movie Imaginaria.
- Many of the instruments featured in More Bells & Whistles return (in more or less similar forms) in Animusic: A Computer Animation Video Album and Animusic 2: A New Computer Animation Video Album, the most prominent being the vibraphone fountain in Pipe Dream & Pipe Dream 2 and the wooden xylophone of Stick Figures & Pogo Sticks. Varied forms of the other miscellaneous percussion instruments such as the synth laser (Stick Figures and Future Retro), the whistles (Stick Figures, Future Retro, and Aqua Harp), and the church bells (Drum Machine) also return in the two volumes of Animusic, as well as the company's first production piece, Beyond the Walls (Concerto in 3D).
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer graphics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|