Motorcycle Consumer News
|First issue||ca. 1993|
|Based in||Irvine, California|
Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) is a monthly periodical offering reviews of motorcycles and other information such as motorcycle safety techniques. It stands out in its industry by being wholly subscriber-supported and does not accept advertising.
While not financially beholden to motorcycle industry advertisers, Motorcycle Consumer News is similar to other motorcycling publications in that it is dependent on motorcycle manufacturers to furnish the motorcycles they test, rather than anonymously purchasing the test vehicles, as is done by Consumer Reports.
Contributors include safety specialist and Motorcycle Hall of Fame member David L. Hough, Ken Condon, Lee Parks, designer Glynn Kerr, and physician Flash Gordon M.D. with a motorcycle-related medicine column. Mike Kneebone, president of the Iron Butt Association, has also written for the magazine.
- Editor's introduction, MCN, retrieved 2010-02-23
- Maher, Kevin; Greisler, Ben (1998), Chilton's Motorcycle Handbook, Haynes North America, pp. 4–6, ISBN 0-8019-9099-8, retrieved 2010-02-23,
Motorcycle Consumer News, or MCN, is one of our favorite bike magazines because they do not accept advertising and aren't afraid to say if a product stinks.
- "How Consumer Reports tests cars", Consumer Reports (Consumers Union of U.S), retrieved 2010-02-23
- Topousis, Tom (1993-09-05). "BIKERS REV UP, IN A SUBTLE WAY". The Record (Bergen County). Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "RIDE OF HIS LIFE". Gaston Observer. 1995-09-27. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
|This transport magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.