The Australian National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Policy (AEP) is an agreed national policy between the Government of Australia and each State and Territory government and is the foundation of education programs for all Indigenous Australians. There are four overarching goals, these goals are:
- Involvement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in educational decision-making
- Equality of access to education services
- Equity of educational participation
- Equitable and appropriate educational outcomes
A major report, the National Report to Parliament on Indigenous Education and Training was presented to the Parliament of Australia in 2003.
- ^ National Report to Parliament on Indigenous Education and Training, 2003