|Type||Privately Held Corporation|
|Industry||Computer software and hardware for music production/performance|
|Founded||Berlin (1996 )|
|Products||Traktor, Komplete, Maschine|
Native Instruments is a technology company that develops software and hardware for music production and DJing. The company has originally been identified mostly with software instruments, but has also expanded to various other music equipment segments in recent years.
Current products of Native Instruments include software synthesizers, samplers and effect processors, sound libraries and emulations of acoustic instruments, groove production systems and audio interfaces, as well as various products for computer-based DJing that include DJ software, Digital Vinyl Systems, hardware controllers and specific DJ audio interfaces.
Native Instruments was founded in 1996 in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin, Germany, where its headquarters are still located. It also has branches in Los Angeles, California, and Tokyo, Japan. The company also holds a partnership with the online music store Beatport.
- Absynth: a software synthesizer that combines subtractive synthesis, simple sampling and granular synthesis.
- Battery: a drum sampler with effects processing.
- B4: emulator for vintage Hammond, Farfisa, Vox Continental and harmonium. (discontinued)
- FM8: a FM-based software synthesizer with an emphasis on sound morphing and arpeggiation. It can load presets for the Yamaha DX-family and serve as DX-7 emulator.
- Guitar Rig: a modular software effect processor for vocals, acoustic and electric instruments.
- Kontakt: a software sampler capable of loading aiff and wav samples, process samples using effects, and engine customisation by scripting.
- Maschine: a rhythm machine similar to Battery, capable of hosting VST plugins.
- Massive: a wavetable-based software synthesizer with an emphasis on ambient effects and arpeggiation.
- Kore: a standalone or VST/AU plugin plugin-chainer and preset librarian for other plugins with hardware controller, capable of three-dimensional preset morphing. (discontinued)
- Pro-53: emulation of the Prophet 5 (discontinued).
- Reaktor: a modular software music studio, developed for custom synth/FX design and hosting pre-designed modules.
- Traktor: DJ software.
- Komplete, including various products, such as synthesizers and effects processors, presets and samples. As of August 2013, versions offered are:
- Komplete 9, including 33 products, 12,000 Sounds and 120 GB of samples.
- Komplete 9 Ultimate, including a total of 65 products, 16,000 sounds and 370 GB of samples.