Nevada State Route 756
|Maintained by NDOT|
|Length:||3.974 mi (6.396 km)|
|Existed:||1976 – present|
|West end:||SR 88 near Centerville|
|East end:||US 395 in Gardnerville|
State Route 756 begins on Centerville Road at its intersection with Woodfords Road (State Route 88) near the town of Centerville in the Carson Valley. From there, the route travels east along Centerville Road through farmlands. After about 1 mile (1.6 km), the highway passes near homes on the northwest edge of the Gardnerville Ranchos area. Around the second mile, SR 756 turns northward and again passes through farm fields. The route crosses over the east fork of the Carson River and then enters the town limits of Gardenerville. SR 756 comes to an end with Centerville Road at its intersection with Main Street (U.S. Route 395) in the middle of Gardnerville.
The present-day highway first appears on official state maps in 1937. At that time, the road was paved and carried the State Route 56 designation. The routing appears to have remained unchanged since that time.
Nevada began renumbering its state highways on July 1, 1976. In that process, SR 56 was re-designated as State Route 756. This change was not made to the official Nevada map right away, as the 1978–1979 edition of the state's tourist map (which detailed many route number conversions) continued to show SR 56 without the new SR 756 designation. By 1982, the road was still shown on state maps, albeit without a route number. SR 756 was finally shown as a numbered highway on the 1991–1992 Nevada map.
The entire route is in Douglas County.
|0.00||0.00||SR 88 (Woodfords Road) – Minden, Woodfords|
|Gardnerville||3.89||6.26||US 395 – Minden, Carson City, Bishop|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps - Quarter 1 Update". Nevada Department of Transportation. April 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Minden, Gardnerville, Centerville & Dresslerville (PDF) (Map). Nevada Department of Transportation. 2007. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Official Road Map of the State of Nevada (Map). Nevada Department of Highways. 1937. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Nevada's State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps. Nevada Department of Transportation. 2001. p. 101.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (1978-1979 ed.). Nevada Department of Highways. 1978. Lake Tahoe Region inset. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map). Nevada Department of Transportation. 1982. Lake Tahoe Region inset. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (1991-1992 ed.). Nevada Department of Transportation. 1990. Lake Tahoe Region inset. Retrieved 19 June 2011.