Never Cry Werewolf
|Never Cry Werewolf|
|Written by||John Sheppard|
|Directed by||Brenton Spencer|
|Theme music composer||Michael Richard Plowman|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Running time||87 minutes|
|Production company(s)||House Next Door Films
Red Duck Films
|Distributor||Genius Products Inc.
Peace Arch Entertainment
When 16-year-old Loren (Nina Dobrev) and her family greet a new neighbor, Jared (Peter Stebbings), a good-looking single guy and his dog, she senses something mysterious and dangerous about him. Her suspicions become further aroused when some of the locals begin disappearing one by one. As Loren becomes obsessed with her neighbor's behavior, she is unaware that he is monitoring her just as closely as a hungry wolf stalking its prey at night. Because Loren reminds her neighbor of his young and deceased wife, Melissa, he claims her as his territory and bites her friend Angie, who seems to be close to her. With the help of local TV hunting show personality Redd Tucker (Kevin Sorbo) and a delivery boy with a secret crush on attractive Loren, the unlikely trio prepare for a full-moon showdown against an immortal creature with insatiable bloodlust. Jared also has Loren's brother locked inside a freezer. It's her brother's life for hers.
- Nina Dobrev as Loren Hansett
- Kevin Sorbo as Redd Tucker
- Peter Stebbings as Jared Martin
- Spencer Van Wyck as Kyle Hansett
- Melanie Leishman as Angie Bremlock
- Kim Bourne as Margo
- Sean O'Neill as Steven Kepkie
- Nahanni Johnstone as Christie
- Von Flores as Detective Stalling
- Rothaford Gray as Sergeant Hillam
- Billy Otis as Charles Ray Pope
- Rebekah Boisvert as Young Prostitute #1
- Julie Sype as Prostitute #2
- Greg Calderone as Guy Taylor
- Kelly Fiddick as Clerk
- Anwar Knight as Talk Show Host
It is essentially a character-for-character and scene-for-scene remake of the 1980s vampire film Fright Night, replacing the vampires with werewolves and an older movie star with a TV hunting show host.[according to whom?]
It aired on the Sci Fi Channel on May 11, 2008.
Most of the songs in the film were written and performed by Canadian band The Manvils. The Manvils T-Shirts are also worn by various members of the cast throughout the movie itself.
- "Never Cry Werewolf (But Can We Cry Rip-Off)". DreadCentral.com. Dread Central Media. 2008-04-23. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
Nina Dobrev ("Degrassi: The Next Generation") and Peter Stebbings (Jack and Jill vs. the World) star in this thriller from director Brenton Spencer whose last turn in the director's chair was a 2003 made-for-TV disaster flick I've never seen called Lightning: Bolts of Destruction.
- "Never Cry Werewolf". Reel-Entertainment.net. Retrieved 2008-05-12.