From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nicaea (pronounced Ni·cae·a) or Nikaia (Greek: Νίκαια) may be:
- The ancient name of several places, including:
- Modern places
- The name of women in antiquity:
Nicaea may also refer to:
- Empire of Nicaea (Byzantine)
- The First Council of Nicaea in AD 325, the first ecumenical council of bishops of the Christian Church
- The Second Council of Nicaea in AD 787, the seventh ecumenical council of the Christian Church
- The Council of Nicaea (painting), an 18th-century painting of the first ecumenical council
- The Council of Nicaea (Doctor Who audio), a science-fiction audio drama
- Nisaea (genus), a bacterial species named after the nymph Nicaea
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nicaea.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.