||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Nick Sharratt (born in London, 1962) is a British illustrator and author of children's books, and was chosen to be the Official Illustrator for World Book Day 2006. Sharratt has illustrated around 200 books, including over 40 books by award-winning author Jacqueline Wilson, among them The Lottie Project, Little Darlings and The Story of Tracy Beaker which was the most borrowed library book in the UK for the first decade of this century. The books on which they have collaborated have sold more than 30 million copies in the UK and sales of picture books illustrated by Nick exceed 9 million.
Nick grew up in Suffolk, Nottinghamshire and Manchester and was trained in graphic design at St. Martin's School of Art. He takes his inspiration from the pop and graphic art of the 1960s, which he experienced as a child. His work is split between illustrating for other writers, most notably Jacqueline Wilson and Jeremy Strong as well as Kes Gray, Giles Andreae, Julia Donaldson and Michael Rosen, and producing his own picture books for a younger audience.
He has won numerous awards including the Children's Book Award, the Nestle Children's Book Award, The Right Start Award (book category), the Under Fives non-fiction She/WHSmith Award and the Educational Writers Award. He has won regional library book prizes in Nottingham, Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Perth, Sheffield, Stockport, Southampton, Portsmouth and Somerset and was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2002. Nick Sharratt's work has been exhibited in Britain, Italy, Japan and U.S.A.
- I went to the Supermarket
- Ketchup on your Cornflakes?
- Ouch, I need a Plaster!
- Don’t Put Your Finger in the Jelly, Nelly!
- Eat Your Peas
- Shark in the Park
- My Mum and Dad Make Me Laugh
- What's in the Witch's Kitchen?
- More Pants
- Dear Mother Goose
- The Big Book of Crazy Mix-Ups
- Mixed-Up Fairy Tales
- You Choose
- The Green Queen
- Caveman Dave
- Mrs Pirate
- The Pointy-Hatted Princesses
- Monday Runday
- Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose
- Hippo has a Hat
- Toddle Waddle
- Something Beginning with Blue
- Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly
- One to Ten and Back Again
- Faster, Faster, Nice and Slow
- Alphabet Ice Cream
- Mr Pod and Mr Piccalilli
- The Big Book of Magical Mix-Ups
- Elephant Wellyphant
- Octopus Socktopus
- Moo-Cow, Kung-fu-Cow
- One Fluffy Baa-Lamb, Ten Hairy Caterpillars
- One Mole Digging a Hole
- Never Shake a Rattlesnake
- Wriggle and Roar
- The Gooey Chewy Rumble Plop Book
- The Icky Sticky Snot and Blood Book
- Sharratt, Nick
- Scholastic Children's Books Out Now
- Nick Sharratt - David Higham Associates
- Official website
- Gallery at Children's Book Illustration
- Nick Sharratt at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Nick Sharatt at Library of Congress Authorities, with 68 catalogue records