||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (December 2009)|
October 1, 1988
Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.
Whitaker's first role was a Chase Patterson in Message in a Cell Phone. He is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has appeared in many church related movies which include starring as Joseph Smith, Jr. in the major film from the LDS Motion Picture Studios, Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration, which is currently playing at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and various visitor centres across the world. He has also appeared in Brigham City, Money or The Mission, and the children's film Bug Off.
In Read It and Weep he plays Lenny Bartlett, the older brother of Jamie Bartlett, who is the main character. In the movie he sings the song "I Will Be Around". Unofficial MP3's of the song are currently being circulated on various movie and Disney fan sites due to the lack of any official releases.
- Message in a Cell Phone (2000)
- Brigham City (2001)
- Bug Off! (2001)
- Journey to Harmony (2002)
- Touched by an Angel (2 episodes, 2001–2002) (TV)
- Benji: Off the Leash! (2004)
- Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration (2005)
- High School Musical (2006)
- Read It and Weep (2006) (TV)
- Money or Mission (2006) (V)
- Taking Five (2007)
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008)
- Hatching Pete (2009) (TV)
- Ebert, Roger (2007). Roger Ebert's Movie Yearbook 2007. Andrews McMeel Publishing. p. 61. ISBN 0-7407-6157-9.
- Ebert, Roger (August 20, 2004). "The 'Benji' cast has rolled over". The Record (highbeam.com). Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- Whitty, Stephen (August 20, 2004). "Benji's back in a real dog' whom do you have to licj to get out of the theater?". Post-Standard (highbeam.com). Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- "Benji: Off the Leash". Haro. haro-online.com. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- "Some Already Released DVDs". LDS Film. ldsfilm.com. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- "LDS Films Weekend Box Office Report 15 October 2004". LDS Film. ldsfilm.com. Retrieved 15 July 2010.