Nikola (TV series)
|Created by||Ken Cinnamon
|Written by||Gunther Burghagen|
|Directed by||Ulli Baumann
|Country of origin||Germany|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||110|
|Executive producer(s)||Gunther Burghagen|
|Production company(s)||Sony Pictures Film- und Fernsehproduktion|
|Original channel||RTL Television|
|Picture format||PAL (576i)|
|Original run||September 12, 1997– December 16, 2005|
|Related shows||Ritas Welt
After her divorce Nicola Vollendorf moves to Cologne together with her children Peter and Stephanie. She gets a job as nurse in the Rheintalklinik hospital. There she has arguments with the Chief Physician Dr. Schmidt. The battle expands to her home, because they are living in the same building. In later seasons, they start a romantic relationship. They marry in the last episode.
- Nikola Vollendorf (Mariele Millowitsch) is a nurse at the Rheintalklinik hospital. She lives in Cologne together with her children. She is often seen arguing with Dr. Schmidt.
- Dr. Robert Schmidt (Walter Sittler) is Chief Physician at the Rheintalklinik. He is very self-centered and arrogant and always looking for his personal advantage. The most important thing in his life is his Ferrari. He is usually surrounded by his three assistants Dr. Charlotte Borstel, Dr. Frank Brummel (Roland Jankowsky) and Dr. Thomas Pfund (Alexander Schottky).
- Tim Schenk (Oliver Reinhard) is Nikola's friend and neighbour. He is gay and he sometimes cross-dresses. He is working in the administration of the hospital, but often just spies on other people shares gossip.
- Peter Vollendorf (Eric Benz) is the oldest child of Nikola. He was 15 years old in season one. He is a bad student and guitarist in a punk rock band.
- Stephanie Vollendorf (Friederike Grasshoff) is Nikola's second child. She is smart and like her mother sometimes sarcastic.
- Dr. Charlotte Borstel (Kerstin Thielemann) is one of Schmidt's assistants. She has a crush on him.
- Elke (Jenny Elvers) is Nikola's best friend during season 1-3. She is pretty and has many relationships with men.
- Erik Berg (Guntbert Warns) is administrative director in the hospital from season 4 on and a friend of Schmidt.