Nizier Anthelme Philippe
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Anthelme Nizier Philippe was born on April 25, 1849 in Le Rubathier, Loisieux, Savoy, France, the son of peasants. He was also known as "Maître Philippe" or "Maître Philippe de Lyon". His mother was Marie Vachod (1823–1899) and his father Joseph Philippe (1819–1898). From the age of fourteen he stayed with his uncle Vachod, a Butcher in Lyon. He gained a reputation as a healer by the age of thirteen.
He married Jeanne Julie Landar (1859–1939) on 6 October 1877 in L'Arbresle. He had a daughter, Jeanne Marie Victoire born on 11 November 1878. She died on 29 August 1904 aged 25, just before her seventh wedding anniversary. He refused to heal her, saying that it was Heaven's wish that she should go on ahead, and predicted the precise course of her illness and death. "This death," he said, "has for me been a living crucifixion."
He soon gained a reputation as a miracle worker amongst Paris occultists. Having been harassed for practicing medicine without a license, he went to St Petersburg where he was awarded his Doctor's Diploma in recognition of extraordinary feats of remote healing conducted in St Petersburg.
In October 1884 he presented a paper (published in French) entitled "Principles of Hygiene applicable in Pregnancy, Childbirth and Infancy" at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio. In recognition of this the University conferred a Doctorate of Medicine on him. Many other academic and social honours were conferred on him during the 1880s and 1890s in France and Italy.
Alfred Haehl wrote a well documented biography Vie et Paroles du Maître Philippe (Life and Words of the Master Philippe). This book is translated in English and can be found at: http://fr.scribd.com/doc/138259475/Life-and-Words-of-Master-Philippe-Testimony-of-Alfred-HAEHL
Jean Chapas (1863 - 1932), the beloved disciple of Master Philippe, is also buried in the cemetery of Loyasse (France). You will find a book dealing with discussions about Master Philippe, the Christ and other outstanding revelations at http://fr.scribd.com/doc/138229353/MICHEL-DE-SAINT-MARTIN-REVELATIONS-Preface-by-Dr-Philippe-ENCAUSSE-Spiritual-Conversations-about-MAITRE-PHILIPPE-de-LYON
Maître Philippe collection :
- Claude Laurent, Guérisons et enseignement de Maître Philippe, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2003
- Sédir, La vie inconnue de Jésus-Christ, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2003
- Auguste Jacquot, Auguste Philippe, Les réponses de Maître Philippe - Suivies des enseignements recueillis par son frère Auguste, Le Mercure Dauphinoism Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2004
- Phaneg, L'Esprit qui peut tout, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2004
- Jean Baptiste Ravier, Confirmation de l'Evangile par les actes et paroles de Maître Philippe de Lyon, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2005
- Philippe Collin, Monsieur Philippe de Lyon - Album souvenirs, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2005
- Philippe Collin, Vie et enseignements de Jean Chapas Le disciple de Maître Philippe de Lyon, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2006
- Les carnets de Victoire Philippe, Le Mercure Dauphinois, Collection Autour de Maître Philippe de Lyon, 2006
- Vandekerkhove, Christian: Het Paranormale is onder ons: De Wonderen van Meester Philippe, Mens & Cultuur Uitgevers nv, ISBN 978-90-77135-19-8.
- Association Maítre Philippe FR
- Quotes of Maïtre Philippe FR
- Alfred Haehl's book - in french La Vie et les Paroles du Maître Phillippe FR