No, David! is a 1998 children's book by David Shannon.
No, David! was based on a book that Shannon wrote when he was five years old. His mother had saved the original in her "magic closet of stuff" and so he was able to use it as a pattern for the story. In 1997, Shannon revised it extensively, adding extra content, drawing new illustrations, and adding parts like David running around naked, then publishing.
Reception and legacy
- David Goes To School (1999)
- David Gets In Trouble (2002)
- David Smells! (2005)
- Oh, David! (2005)
- Oops! (2005)
- It's Christmas, David! (2010)
Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children." It was one of the "Top 100 Picture Books" of all time in a 2012 poll by School Library Journal.
- Macpherson, Karen (October 8, 2008). "Family an inspiration for children's-book author David Shannon". Scripps Howard News Service. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- Association for Library Service to Children. "Caldecott Medal & Honor Books, 1938-Present". American Library Association. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- National Education Association (2007). "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children". Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- Bird, Elizabeth (July 6, 2012). "Top 100 Picture Books Poll Results". School Library Journal "A Fuse #8 Production" blog. Retrieved August 22, 2012.