From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Noetherian group, a group that satisfies the ascending chain condition on subgroups
- Noetherian ring, a ring that satisfies the ascending chain condition on ideals.
- Noetherian module, a module that satisfies the ascending chain condition on submodules.
- Noetherian topological space, a topological space that satisfies the descending chain condition on closed sets.
- Noetherian induction, also called well-founded induction.
- Noetherian rewriting system, an abstract rewriting system that has no infinite chains
- Noetherian scheme.
- Emmy Noether, who was the first to study the ascending and descending chain conditions for rings, and for whom the term is named.
- Artinian ring, a ring that satisfies the descending chain condition on ideals.
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.