|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2011)|
|Series||Nokia Xseries (Previously XpressMusic)|
|Compatible networks||(3.5G), UMTS, Quad band GSM / GPRS / EDGE GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900|
|Availability by country||Q4 2009|
|Predecessor||Nokia 5800, Nokia 5530|
|Dimensions||111.0 × 51.0 × 13.8 mm|
|Weight||122 g (0.269 lb)|
|Operating system||Symbian OS 9.4 with Nokia S60 5th Edition UI.|
|CPU||ARM 11 clocked at 433.9 Mhz|
|Memory||128 MB SDRAM, 512 MB ROM, 32,16 or 8 GB NAND memory, expandable up to 16 GB.|
|Battery||BL-5J (1,320 mAh) , AC-8U (2.0 mm power connector)|
|Data inputs||Capacitive Touchscreen (single touch only), No stylus required, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer|
|Display||640×360 (16:9 nHD) 3.2 inch TFT LCD|
|Rear camera||5.0-megapixel with Carl Zeiss optics, 4x digital zoom, dual LED flash , Front-facing CIF camera|
|Connectivity||WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g with UPnP, Micro-USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, GPS, aGPS|
The original X6 includes the Comes With Music program and a licence for unlimited free downloads from the Nokia Music Store. The Comes With Music version shipped in late 2009 for an estimated retail price of £529.99 or €605.
A version without Comes With Music support at €200 less was released on 23 February 2010. This version has 16 GB of on-board storage. Another cheaper variation of the X6 also without Comes With Music support was released by Nokia in mid-2010. This version has 8 GB of on-board storage and was released in Asia and North America. The 32 GB version was not released in India instead the 8 GB and 16 GB versions were provided with Ovi Music Unlimited offer.
The X6 is notable for its slimmer body than the 5800 (13.8 mm) and 35 hours of continuous music playback. For social networking, it supports easy access to Facebook, MySpace, Ovi, Yahoo IM, YouTube, VK, Windows Live and more.
- WCDMA, GPRS/EDGE, HSDPA up to 3.6 Mbit/s
- Size: 111 × 51 × 13.8 mm
- Display: 3.2-inch (8.1 cm) 16:9 widescreen nHD, 231 ppi, capacitive touchscreen.
- Scratch-resistant screen
- Integrated and Assisted GPS
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus and Carl Zeiss optics, dual LED flash
- High speed Micro-USB connector (Micro-B receptacle)
- Wireless LAN (WLAN)
Other services, features or applications
- Image and video editor, Video centre, Online Share, Download (where Ovi Store is not supported), Email Settings wizard, Switch, Playlist DJ, Nokia Maps 3.0, Embedded premium game Spore, Online Search, Email clients
- OVI services: Nokia Music Store, Ovi Store, Nokia Messaging, Ovi Maps, Ovi Share, Ovi Contacts, Ovi Files, Ovi Suite 1.1 for PC
- Downloadable Symbian (sis), Java applications, and widgets
- 3 games included: Spore by EA, Asphalt4 and DJ Mix Tour by Gameloft
- Talk time: Up to 9 hours
- Standby time: Up to 406 hours
- Music playback: up to 35 hours
- Video playback: up to 4 hours
A new software update has been released for Nokia X6-00, version 40.0.002, which brings a new version of Ovi Maps and Ovi Store, improved browser and improved chat in Ovi Contacts.
- New web browser version 184.108.40.206
- Updated Mail for Exchange
- Updated Shazam
- Usability improvements
- Smileys in Messaging
- Swipe to unlock screen and keys
However the updates are not possible via the phone and require a Windows computer to perform. This strands Linux users who are unable to update the firmware.
Hobbyists have provided unofficial Symbian Anna firmwares 
- By JBC on 2 September 2009 (2 September 2009). "Nokia X6 launched | Nokia Conversations – The official Nokia Blog". Conversations.nokia.com. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Nokia X6 All-Touch Phone Makes Waves at Nokia World". Infosyncworld.com. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- [dead link]
- "Latestsets.com Nokia X6 Specs"[dead link]
- "Software update for Nokia X6-00: v 30.0.003". Mobilesmug.com. 27 November 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Symbian Anna v7.9 para Nokia 5800 5530 5230 y X6. Symbian Latino. Retrieved on 2013-12-09.
- Official Nokia UK page
- Nokia forum page with more details
Media related to Nokia X6 at Wikimedia Commons