|No. 21, 31, 7, 20, 12|
July 24, 1979 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school||Grady (Brooklyn, New York)|
|NBA Draft||2001 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2001–2010|
|2002–2003||Scavolini Pesaro (Italy)|
|2003||North Charleston Lowgators (D-League)|
|2003–2004||KK Crvena zvezda (Serbia)|
|2004||Guaiqueríes de Margarita (Venezuela)|
|2005–2006||Fayetteville Patriots (D-League)|
|2006||Paris Basket Racing (France)|
|2006–2007||Cholet Basket (France)|
|2007||Boca Juniors (Argentina)|
|2007–2008||Polonia Warsaw (Poland)|
|2008–2009||TBB Trier (Germany)|
|2009–2010||Eisbären Bremerhaven (Germany)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Charles Norman "Norm" Richardson (born July 24, 1979) is an American former professional basketball player. A 6'5" 190/200 lb shooting guard, played college basketball at Hofstra University and had a brief stint in the NBA in 2001-02.
Richardson was signed by the Indiana Pacers as a free agent on September 21, 2001 for whom he played 3 games before being traded, along with Jalen Rose, Travis Best, and a second-round draft pick to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Ron Mercer, Ron Artest, Brad Miller and Kevin Ollie at the trade deadline on February 19, 2002. With the Pacers, Richardson wore jersey number 21 and with the Bulls number 31.
After the 2001–02 NBA season, Richardson played with the team Scavolini Pesaro of the Italian Lega Basket Serie A. He wore jersey number 7. The North Charleston Lowgators of the NBA Development League signed Richardson on January 28, 2003 and waived Richardson on February 21, 2003. With the Lowgators, Richardson played eight games and averaged 6.4 points, 1.9 rebounds, and 1.1 assists each game. He wore #31.
Later he played for Polonia Warsaw (Polen first division) and for TBB Trier (Germany first division) in the 2008/2009 season. With Polonia, Richardson wore jersey #12. With TBB Trier, Richardson wore jersey #31.
- NBA.com bio
- NBA Draft 2001
- Brad Miller's 26 points and 14 boards power Pacers
- "Norman Richardson". basketball-reference.com. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Norman Richardson". doudiz. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- North Charleston Waives Norm Richardson
- "Norm Richardson D-League stats". basketball-reference.com. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- "Trotamundos de Carabobo debuta ante Panteras de Miranda" (in Spanish). Terra. March 12, 2004. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Huertas, Jose Rubicco (March 15, 2004). "Marinos debuta con triunfo en el clasico oriental". El Universal (Venezuela) (in Spanish). Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Schmidt-Scheuber, Miles (October 3, 2008). "Norman Richardson (TBB Trier) Interview". Eurobasket.com. Archived from the original on October 10, 2008.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|