|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2011)|
|Genres||Hard rock, psychedelic rock|
30 Nov 1993
27 Jan 2007
|Associated acts||Saga, Energy, The Imps, Jajja Band|
|Website||November (band) on Myspace|
November is a Swedish rock band formed in Stockholm, Sweden in 1969 by Christer Stålbrandt, Richard Rolf and Björn Inge. The band has been called Sweden's first Hard rock/heavy metal band in the Swedish documentary Så jävla metal from 2011.
Their music was partly inspired by American acid rock, but heavy and blues based like a mixture of Black Sabbath, Cream and Led Zeppelin. November started in 1968 at Tegelhögen, a youth club in Vällingby (a Stockholm suburb). At this club Christer Stålbrandt and Björn Inge played together with two friends as The Imps. After a few months Stålbrandt left the group to form a new group called Train. Björn Inge joined shortly after. Train also included Snowy White on guitar. In the early autumn of 1969 Snowy decided to return to his native homeland, England, and Richard Rolf joined as their new guitarist.
On November 1st, 1969 they supported Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac at the Que-Club in Gothenburg, and therefore they decided to call themselves November.
November was one of the first Swedish rock bands with Swedish lyrics. Most of the lyrics were written by Stålbrandt, influenced by the 60's flower power movement. Despite the Swedish lyrics, November was quite popular in England. While touring in England the lyrics was often translated to English, the crowd, however, insisted on the band performing with Swedish lyrics.
November recorded three albums which all reached high places on the Swedish charts. After their last concert at club Domino on New Year's Eve 1972 the band split up and had up until 2007, only performed once, namely during the release party for the CD November-Live 1993 (recorded on tour in 1971) on 30 Nov 1993.
On the 27th of January 2007 they performed at the Mellotronen 20th anniversary party. More gigs have been played.
- En ny tid är här... LP Sonet Records (1970)
- 2:a November LP Sonet Records (1971)
- 6:e November LP Sonet Records (1972)
- Live CD/LP Sonet Records / Mellotronen Records (1993)
- "Mount Everest" / "Cinderella" 7" Sonet Records 1970 )
- "Men mitt hjärta ska vara gjort av sten" / "Môuchkta (Drömmen om Malin)" 7" Sonet Records 1971)
- "Mount Everest" / "Nobody's Hand to Hold" 7" Sonet Records 1971)
- "Tillbaks till Stockholm" / "Sista resan" 7" Sonet Records 1971)
- "Ta ett steg in i sagans land" on The Essence of Swedish Progressive Music 1967-1979 - Pregnant Rainbows for Colourblind Dreamers Premium Records 2007)
- Björn Inge - (drums, vocals)
- Christer Stålbrandt - (bass, vocals)
- Richard Rolf - (guitar)