|Birth name||Ulrich Schulz|
|Born||16 November 1948|
|Associated acts||Oliver Shanti & Friends
Oliver Shanti (born Ulrich Schulz 16 November 1948 in Hamburg, Germany), also known as Oliver Serano-Alve, is a New Age musician, best known for his work with the bands "Inkarnation" and "Oliver Shanti & Friends".
As of 2009, Shanti is serving a 7-year prison term in Germany having been convicted on charges of child sexual abuse.
- 1987 - Licht-Prakash-Light (as Inkarnation)
- 1987 - Frieden-Shanti-Peace (as Inkarnation)
- 1987 - Listening to the Heart
- 1988 - Rainbow Way
- 1988 - Vila Nova Mellow Days (as Oliver Serano-Alve)
- 1989 - Walking on the Sun
- 1990 - Minho Valley Fantasies (as Oliver Serano-Alve)
- 1992 - Vida Para Vida (as Oliver Serano-Alve)
- 1993 - Soft Motion Vol.1 (as Oliver Serano-Alve)
- 1993 - Tai Chi
- 1995 - Well Balanced
- 1996 - Tai Chi Too
- 1997 - Circles of Life: The Best of Oliver Shanti & Friends (compilation album including 3 new tracks)
- 1998 - Seven Times Seven
- 2000 - Medicine Power
- 2002 - Alhambra
- 2006 - Man Heaven Earth (compilation album featuring 2 tracks by "Existence" and Dahmani)
- 1996 - Buddha and Bonsai Vol. 1
- 1997 - Shaman
- 1997 - Buddha and Bonsai Vol. 2
- 2000 - Buddha and Bonsai Vol. 3
- 2000 - Shaman 2
- Indiens: Sacred Spirits
- Shaman: Red Indian Chill
- 1997 - Spirit of Budo: The Power of Balance
- 1997 - 10 Years of Sattva Music
- 1998 - Meditative Music of Budo-Gala: The Magic of Martial Arts
- 1999 - Tibetiya (including 3 new tracks by Oliver Shanti)
- 2001 - 15 Years of Sattva Music
- 2001 - Reiki: Brightness Healing
- 2008 single - Oliver Shanti feat. N.i.M.i - Roo Be Asemoon (Olugu Zamba Remix)
- 2010 single - Oliver Shanti feat. DJ Sunf - The Tree (rmx)
Allegations of child sexual abuse
In 2002, a warrant for his arrest was issued in Germany, with a €3000 reward offered, on suspicion of his having committed child sexual abuse. Shanti went missing at that time, and was reported to be living secretly in Germany or its adjacent countries. He was arrested in Lisbon, Portugal, on 29 June 2008, and charged with 314 cases of child abuse on 20 April 2009. After having attempted suicide during his pre-trial custody, "Oliver Shanti" was sentenced to six years and 10 months in prison on Friday, December 4, 2009 - after a Munich court convicted him of 76 counts of child sexual abuse.
- "Munich - Search for Ulrich Schulz - Arrest warrant for serious child sexual abuse" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-02-05.[dead link]
- "Münchner Polizei jagt spirituellen Serien-Kinderschänder". Retrieved 2011-08-24.
- "Alemão detido por pedofilia em Lisboa foi agraciado com Medalha de Mérito da Câmara de Cerveira (in Portuguese)". Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- "Anklage gegen Musiker Oliver Shanti erhoben". Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Klage gegen Oliver Shanti - Sektenguru unter schwerem Verdacht". Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Angeklagter Sekten-Guru Oliver Shanti überlebt Selbstmordversuch". Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- "Nearly seven years prison for child abuser guru Oliver Shanti". Retrieved 2009-12-05.
|This article about a German musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|