Openfire Admin Console
|Stable release||3.9.3 / May 6, 2014|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac OS|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Web-based administration panel
Most administration of the server is done through a web interface, which runs on the ports 9090 (HTTP) and 9091 (HTTPS) by default. Administrators can connect from anywhere and edit the server and configuration settings.
Openfire supports the following features:
- Web-based administration panel
- Plugin interface
- SSL/TLS support
- User-friendly web interface and guided installation
- Database connectivity (i.e. embedded HSQLDB or other DBMS with JDBC 3 driver) for storing messages and user details
- LDAP connectivity
- Platform independent, pure Java
- Full integration with Spark IM client
- Can support more than 50,000 concurrent users
The proprietary extension to Openfire allows multiple server instances to work together in one clustered environment. This extension is now open source as well (but depends on Oracle Coherence, a commercial product).
Openfire 3.8.2 was released on 28 May 2013
Openfire 3.9.1 was released on 6 February 2014
- Matt Tucker (15 September 2009). "Openfire Under Apache 2.0 License". Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Guus der Kinderen (2 March 2011). "Openfire 3.7.0 has been released!". Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Sri Varshan (27 March 2014). "Openfire Setup". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Daryl Herzmann (28 May 2013). "Openfire 3.8.2 has been released!". Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Daryl Herzmann (6 February 2014). "Openfire 3.9.1 has been released!". Retrieved 7 February 2014.