From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Orel or Oryol (meaning eagle in some Slavic languages) may refer to:
- Oryol, a city in Russia, the administrative center of Oryol Oblast
- Russian frigate Oryol, the first warship of the Russian Navy, built in 1668
- an advanced, secret, Soviet military radar set, "Oryol" (NATO reporting name 'Skip Spin'), featured perhaps most memorably on the Yak-28, but also on the Su-11, and Su-15 Russian planes.
- Russian battleship Oryol
- Orel (movement), a Moravian/Czech youth movement and gymnastics organization
- Project 1153 OREL, a Soviet aircraft carrier project
People with the surname
- Alexander Oryol (1908-?), Soviet military leader and admiral
- Vladimir Orel (1952-2007), Russian linguist
People with the given name
- Orel Hershiser (b. 1958), former professional right-handed pitcher
- Lake Orel, a lake in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- Orel, Czech Republic, a village in Pardubice Region, Czech Republic
- Orel, Macedonia, a village in Sveti Nikole municipality, Macedonia
- Moral Orel, a television show on Adult Swim
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.