|Location||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
Outfest is an LGBT-oriented film showcase and festival in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 1982 as the "Gay and Lesbian Media Festival and Conference", the name was changed to Outfest in 1994. Outfest is the leading organization that promotes equality by creating, sharing and protectingLGBT stories on the screen.
- Outfest Los Angeles LGBT Film Festival – Eleven days of world-class films, discussions and parties.
- Outfest Fusion LGBT People of Color Film Festival – Spotlighting the diversity of the LGBT community.
- Outfest UCLA LegacyProject – The only program in the world dedicated to protecting LGBT films for future generations.
- Outfest Forward – Developing the next generation of artists and filmmakers through education and mentoring.
Outfest supports youth through education, mentoring and access to meaningful LGBT stories
- Free memberships to youth age 21 years and younger
- OutSet: The Young Filmmakers Project a Collaboration between Outfest and LifeWorks
- Emerging Leaders Council
The Outfest Alumni program is committed to the continued support and growth of our filmmakers.
Outfest gives annual "Outie" awards in 16 categories. Awards are given by grand juries, festival audiences and the Program Committees. Jury awards are given for:
- US Narrative Feature
- Actor in a Feature Film
- Actress in a Feature Film
- International Feature
- Documentary Feature
Audience awards are given for:
- First Narrative Feature
- Narrative Feature
- Lesbian Narrative Feature
- Documentary Feature
- Narrative Short Film
- Documentary Short Film
Programs awards are given for:
- Freedom Award
- Outstanding Emerging Talent
- Outstanding Artistic Achievement
Outfest also presents the Outfest Achievement Award, the Outfest Honors, the Outfest Screenwriting Lab Award and the Screen Idol Award.
- Susan King (2011-07-07). "Outfest 2011 film festival to open Thursday in Los Angeles". Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- Mark Olsen (2009-07-05). "At Outfest, redefining gay film". Retrieved 2012-03-22.
|This article about an American film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|