Halmosi playing for Hull City in 2009
|Full name||Péter Halmosi|
|Date of birth||25 September 1979|
|Place of birth||Szombathely, Hungary|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2007||→ Plymouth Argyle (loan)||16||(4)|
|2010||→ Haladás (loan)||15||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 October 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Péter Halmosi (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈpeːtɛr ˈhɒlmoʃi]; born 25 September 1979) is a Hungarian footballer who plays for Szombathelyi Haladás as a midfielder. Halmosi is a Hungarian International player, having won 31 caps for his country. His previous clubs include Szombathelyi Haladás, Grazer AK, Debrecen, Plymouth Argyle and Hull City.
Born in the ancient western city of Szombathely, Halmosi grew up in a family that has a significant sporting background. His father, Zoltan Halmosi, won 11 caps playing football for the Hungarian national team and his mother also was involved in professional sport, representing Hungary as an athlete at several international events.
Péter played his first game for his hometown club Szombathelyi Haladas at the age of 18 and stayed at the club until he was 23. In 2002 he joined Austrian side Grazer AK and made in 17 appearances 3 goals for the club. After playing several games for the reserves he left Austria and signed for Debrecen in Hungary. His move to Debrecen turned out to be a successful stay and he spent four years with the club.
Halmosi next joined Plymouth Argyle, initially on loan until the end of the 2006–07 season, with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season. A £400,000 permanent deal with Argyle was completed on 16 May 2007, making him the record signing for the club at that time. He had been linked with moves to other clubs in the United Kingdom including Celtic and Blackburn Rovers. Halmosi made his Argyle debut in a 3–1 away win against Norwich City on 13 January 2007.
On 15 July 2008 Halmosi was spotted at Hull City's pre-season friendly against North Ferriby United. On 16 July, Halmosi signed a four-year contract with Hull for a fee in excess of £2 million, becoming, at the time, their record signing and their 6th of the summer. Halmosi made his Hull debut in the friendly match against Chesterfield on 22 July 2008 at Saltergate. His competitive debut came shortly after the hour mark in Hull City's first ever top flight game, against Fulham on 16 August 2008, as a substitute for Nick Barmby. He scored his first goal for the club in an FA Cup victory over against Sheffield United on 14 February 2009. On the final day of the January transfer window Halmosi joined Hungarian side Szombathelyi Haladas on loan until the end of the 2009–10 season. 
Other includes the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup.
Updated to games played as of 14 November 2009.
- Debreceni VSC
- Szombathelyi Haladás
- Named in the Hungarian National Championship I all-star team (nemzetisport.hu): 2010–11
- Zilahi Prize: 2005
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 185. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Halmosi Péter". HLSZ (in Hungarian). Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Profiles". Hull City A.F.C. Archived from the original on 3 May 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Sky Sports – Football – Scottish Premier". Sky Sports.
- Blackburn Rovers Football Club are reportedly leading the chase for Peter Halmosi
- "Hull clinch triple transfer swoop". BBC Sport. 16 July 2008. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Hull City 2–1 Fulham". football.co.uk. 16 August 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "Halmosi Delight At First Goal". Hull City A.F.C. 27 February 2009. Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Halmosi Agrees Loan Deal". Hull City A.F.C. 1 February 2010. Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Hungarian midfielder Peter Halmosi leaves Hull City". BBC Sport. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Halmosi három és fél éves szerződést kötött a Haladással" (in Hungarian). Nemzeti Sport. 14 January 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- PAFC: Peter Halmosi
- Hungarian National Team Results
- Péter Halmosi at magyarfutball.hu
- Péter Halmosi career stats at Soccerbase
- Péter Halmosi at National-Football-Teams.com