|Traded as||NASDAQ: PCCC|
|Industry||Business to Business Technology Infrastructure and Resale Services|
|Headquarters||Merrimack, New Hampshire, USA|
|Patricia Gallup (Co-founder, Chairman)
Timothy McGrath (President and CEO)
Joseph Driscoll (Senior Vice President, Treasurer, and Chief Financial Officer)
|Products||Desktops, servers, laptops, peripherals, software, telecommunication products, power, storage|
|Revenue||$2.2 billion USD (2012)|
Number of employees
PC Connection, Inc. is a Fortune 1000 information technology company headquartered in Merrimack, New Hampshire. PC Connection, Inc. is a direct marketer of a wide range of information technology products and services, including computer systems, software and peripheral equipment, networking communications, system configuration, and repair. It has more than 1,900 employees and sells more than 300,000 products.
The company serves business, government, and education markets through its three subsidiaries: PC Connection Sales Corporation, MoreDirect, Inc., and GovConnection, Inc.
PC Connection, Inc. was founded in 1982 by Patricia Gallup and David Hall. The co-founders met while serving as a support crew to hikers on the Appalachian Trail.
The company’s first headquarters occupied a former woodworking mill in Marlow, NH. To launch their business, Gallup and Hall used Gallup’s savings of $8,000 to purchase inventory and take out a 1/9th-page ad in Byte magazine.
In 1987, PC Connection was named to the Inc. 500 as the second fastest growing company in the United States.
In March 1998, the company completed its Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol PCCC.
In addition to its corporate headquarters in Merrimack, NH, PC Connection, Inc. has sales and support offices in Keene and Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Marlborough, Massachusetts; Rockville, Maryland; Dakota Dunes, South Dakota; Boca Raton, Florida; and Itasca, Illinois. The company operates a 205,000-square-foot distribution and fulfillment complex, equipped with an ISO 9001 certified technical configuration lab, in Wilmington, Ohio.
In 1999, PC Connection purchased ComTeq Federal, a Maryland-based company serving the computing needs of federal government agencies, including the Navy, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp, the National Security Agency, and Internal Revenue Service. Renamed GovConnection, Inc., the subsidiary serves all government and education customers.
In January 2000, PC Connection announced the agreement to acquire Merisel Inc. in alliance with its initiative to add infrastructure.
In 2002, PC Connection acquired MoreDirect, a Florida-based IT solutions provider specializing in Web-based eProcurement.
In 2005, PC Connection purchased the business and selected assets of Amherst Technologies, Inc., a New Hampshire-based IT provider.
In 2011, PC Connection acquired ValCom Technologies, a technology services company in the Chicago metropolitan area.
PC Connection purchased ValCom, an Itasca, Illinois based technology solutions company founded in 1983, in 2011. ValCom sells an IT Service Management and Project Management software suite named WebSPOC, IT services, and Strategic sourcing. Its five business units are Product, Security, Staffing, Professional Services and IT Service Management. ValCom's Security offerings range from digital forensics and security health checks to regulatory compliance, SOX, GLBA and HIPAA. ValCom is a PCI DSS Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) as recognized by the PCI Security Standards Council. One of ValCom's chief security solution architects is John Chirillo, author of the Hack Attacks series of books. Related to Chirillo's work, ValCom's security slogan is: "We didn't just write the book on security, we wrote the Library." ValCom's staffing division specializes in IT staffing for special projects and contract-to-hire staffing. Its professional services include desktop management, managed services, infrastructure, storage, network, and server management, special projects and service desk offerings comprise the Professional Services division. Its IT service management business includes business process analysis, ITIL best practices, and project management, six sigma, lean six sigma and other governance and compliance solutions makeup the IT service management business unit of ValCom. This division includes the WebSPOC software solution, which is PinkVERIFY certified for ITIL best practices by Pink Elephant.
- ValCom State of Insecurity Presentation at Moraine Valley College
- ValCom Offers Microsoft Online Services
- HP, VMWare, LeftHand Event: Rethinking Server Virtualization
- State of Insecurity Lunchinars in Chicago 2009-2010
- WebSPOC Webinar: Drive Down Cost while Empowering Workflow Automation
- HP New Product Introduction Event
- Assoc. Information Technology Professionals (AITP) Conference
Awards and accomplishments
- PC Connection named National Solutions Provider Partner of The Year at Dell for FY15(2014-2015) 
- PC Connection named to Inc. 500 (1987)
- Listed as one of 100 Most Influential Companies in the Computer Industry by PC Magazine (1997)
- Ranked #7 on Businessweek’s World’s Top 100 Technology Companies (2000)
- Debut on Fortune 1000 (2001)
- Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics (2001)
- Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Companies, Highest Ranking (2008)
- Top Supply Chain Innovation and Retail Industry Awards; #8 on InformationWeek 500 (2008)
- Winner of Operational Excellence Award at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (2010)
- "Fortune 500 2009: 985. PC Connection". CNN. May 4, 2009.
- "Profile: PC Connection Inc". Reuters. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Pc Connection Inc (PCCC:NASDAQ GS)". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- Jack W. Plunkett (1 February 2007). Plunkett's InfoTech Industry Almanac 2007 (E-Book): Infotech Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends and Leading Companies. Plunkett Research, Ltd. pp. 499–. ISBN 978-1-59392-409-6.
- You, Me, and All Those Others Just Like Us, Starting a Business Article | Inc.com
- [New Hampshire: First In the Nation] - Powered by PageTurnPro.com
- [New Hampshire: First In the Nation] - Powered by PageTurnPro.com
- Pc Connection Inc (Pccc) Ipo - Nasdaq.Com
- Form 10-K
- PC Connection buys ComTeq Fed - FCW
- "PC Connection Acquires Merisel's Call Center". January 4, 2000. Retrieved Nov 20, 2013.
- PC Connection, PC Mall Make Acquisitions.(PC Connection Inc. acquires MoreDirect)(PC Mall Inc. acquires Pacific Business Data Systems Inc.)(Brief Article) | HighBeam Business:...
- PC Connection Wins Bidding War For Amherst Technologies
- PC Connection buys ValCom Technology for $11.6M - BusinessWeek
- "WebSPOC". ValCom. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "Qualified Security Assessors" (PDF). PCI Security Standards Council. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "TransNational awarded PCI/DSS Level 1 Accreditation". WordPress TransNational. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "Interview with John Chirillo, author of "Hack Attacks Testing: How to Conduct Your Own Security Audit"". net-security.org. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "John Chirillo". Amazon. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "PinkVERIFY Toolsets". Pink Elephant. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "ValCom Introduces WebSPOC(R) IT Service Management Solution". Business Wire. 2006-01-23. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "WebSPOC Software as a Service (SaaS)". ValCom. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- PC Connection, Inc. - Marlow, NH
- Ray, John J. "America's Most Trustworthy Companies - Forbes". Forbes.