Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2009)|
|Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants|
|Type||Professional Accountancy Institute|
|Campus||Karachi Head Office, Branch Offices at Lahore, Islamabad, and Faisalabad|
|Affiliations||International Federation of Accountants|
Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA) is an autonomous body recognized mainly in the government sector and established under license from the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan by the authority given under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
The body is co-sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan and the Auditor General of Pakistan.
"identification, development and imparting knowledge to provide a structure for the training of accounting professionals in the specialized areas"
PIPFA is the associate member of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). Thus, there are three accountancy institutes in Pakistan that have representation with IFAC, i.e., ICAP, ICMAP and PIPFA.
There are 12 Governors on the Board. Three governors are appointed by each of the three sponsoring bodies and the members of the Association elect three.
In addition to the Board of Governors, PIPFA has the following committees: Examination Committee, Executive Committee, Publication and Seminar Committee, Board of Studies, Regulation and Discipline Committee. These committees are established for the following purposes:
- Education and training of students seeking professional qualification and membership of the Association.
- Investigation of cases of unethical conduct by the members or students and initiate the necessary disciplinary action.
- Provision of technical advice to the members on any accounting or auditing issues.
- Regional committees are organized to promote the professional education activity at regional levels through seminars and workshops
The prerequisite entry requirement is Intermediate education from a recognized education board, university or institution or any other qualification considered equivalent by the Board of Governors or A Levels of General Certificate of Education.
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan
- The Society of Accounting Education Pakistan
- The Official Website of PIPFA
- IFACnet - A KnowledgeNet for Accountants in Business
- Accountancy Forum