Generalleutnant Paul Klatt
|Born||6 December 1896
|Died||6 June 1973
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Paul Klatt (6 December 1896 – 6 June 1973) was a German general who commanded the 3. Gebirgs.-Division during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Paul Klatt was captured by Soviet troops in May 1945 and was held until October 1955.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (4 February 1916)
- 1st Class (12 March 1920)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black (30 December 1919)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 in 1934
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (30 March 1940)
- 1st Class (8 December 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- Silver (9 January 1943)
- Gold (28 August 1944)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (29 September 1944)
- Order of the Cross of Liberty 3rd Class with Swords (Finland, 12 December 1941)
- German Cross in Gold (14 April 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned twice in the Wehrmachtbericht (4 October 1944 and 5 November 1944)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 211.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 78.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
Generalleutnant August Wittmann
|Commander of 3.Gebirgs-Division
3 July 1944 – 8 May 1945
|This biographical article related to the military of Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|