||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2008)|
PayScale, Inc. or payscale.com is an online salary, benefits and compensation information company, which launched its service on January 1, 2002. It was founded by Joe Giordano, a former Microsoft and drugstore.com manager, and John Gaffney.
PayScale was developed to help people obtain accurate real-time information on job market compensation. The service works via the Internet by enabling individual employees to submit their job profile and salary data, which is then compared to others. Because a very large number (millions) of people utilize the service every month, the company claims it is able to use the volume of information statistically to determine accurate real-time salary information.
The company generates revenue by selling aggregate data and web services to employers, to aid in determining correct market rates for hiring, benchmarking and budgeting, and by targeted advertising to employees that visit its web site.
- #2344 on the 2012 Inc 5000 list of fastest growing companies (#59 in Washington state, #50 in Seattle)
- Named on "Best Places to Work in Seattle" list
- Named on "10 coolest startup spaces in Seattle’s Pioneer Square" list
- Top 10 Product of 2006 from HR Executive.
- Named in Lead411's Hottest Seattle Companies List.
- "PayScale, Inc. on Business Week". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- DAMON DARLIN (March 3, 2007). "Using the Web to Get the Boss to Pay More". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "2012 Inc 5000". Inc Magazine. 2012. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Best Places to Work in Seattle 2013: The List". Seattle Met. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Pictures: 10 coolest startup spaces in Seattle’s Pioneer Square". GeekWire. 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Human Resource Product Picks". Hreonline.com. 2006-10-02. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "LEAD411 Launches "Hottest Seattle Companies" Awards". Lead411.com. 2010-06-08. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- PayScale web site
- New York Times by Damon Darlin The New York Times (March 3, 2007)
- Review: How Much Money Do You Make? by Michael Arrington TechCrunch (October 12, 2006)
- PayScale shows you the money from The Seattle Times (August 29, 2005)
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|