|Education||Ryerson University (Radio and Television Arts)|
Pay Chen is a Canadian television host, currently based in Toronto, Ontario.
Chen grew up in Halifax and Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia. She moved to Toronto to attend Ryerson University, later working in writing and production roles for television series produced by Treehouse TV, YTV, and TVOntario. She then switched to Toronto's OMNI Television, where she worked for seven years producing and hosting paid informational and lifestyle segments, as well as a series of fact segments.
In 2009, she joined Citytv Winnipeg, where she co-hosted Breakfast Television Winnipeg. Starting alongside Jon Ljungberg, she replaced Heather Steele, who moved elsewhere on the station. She also wrote a food column for Metro Winnipeg. Upon leaving Breakfast in late 2011, she moved back to Toronto, where she can now be found hosting her own radio show on Newstalk 1010.
Her brother is a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Host, bio blast programming block (Biography Channel Canada)
- Poetry segment, 4 Square
- unknown, Gadgets & Gizmos' (G4TechTV Canada)
- "Pay Chen, Co-Host Breakfast Television". Citytv Winnipeg. Rogers Media. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- "Pay Chen leaving Breakfast TV". www.winnipegfreepress.com. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "PayChen.com - About Pay Chen". www.paychen.com. Retrieved 17 January 2014.